Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Prime exclusive: $24.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 22, 2014
I not only had no desire to see this movie, I thought I would absolutely hate it, yet ended up laughing my head off and really enjoying it.
Leslie Mann is simply divine. It is unfortunate that most actors need to be in dramatic roles to have their talents recognized and appreciated, while comedy is where the real challenge lies. Having all of the emotion of a dramatic role, while not losing the humor requires exceptional skill. Mann brings all the sincerity and devastation of a woman who has not only had her heart broken, but is seeing her world crumble before her and combines it with a quirkiness and endearing hysterics (who knew hysterics could ever be endearing?) that are truly hilarious. While Cameron Diaz has top billing and does do a great job as the straight woman reluctantly drawn into antics and friendships with her cohorts, Leslie Mann's role carries the film and she makes it more than just another goofy piece of fluff to pass an hour and a half. No reason we can't have some substance with our entertainment!
And on that subject, I also really appreciated that though there are tertiary romantic interests and some happily ever after feel to it at the end, finding their new Mr. Right(s) is not the storyline or purpose of the movie. It's actually about the women and their relationships to each other, in the vein of the ever increasingly popular bromance movies. Yes, woman can be friends and supportive of each other and no, not all stories about women have to be centered around finding a man, which magically solves all their sorrows and woes. So nice to have a slight departure from that tired old schtick.
While the final confrontation with the cheating, scumbag husband lost me a bit in the end as a tad over the top in an inconsistent way from the rest of the film, I otherwise enjoyed every moment and would absolutely recommend watching.
on December 21, 2014
This was good for a few good laughs, particularly Leslie Mann's character. Many of the funniest parts were in the previews and trailers, but that's true of nearly every comedy movie. The key is the go into watching this with fair expectations, and you won't be disappointed. If you expect the comedy of the century with non-stop laughs, this will probably be a little disappointing.

All said, it's a fun movie to curl up on the couch with your spouse and a tub of popcorn, and enjoy nearly two hours of pleasantly amusing film. You might want to add it to your list and wait until the price comes down a little more (it was $5 for SD and $6 for HD when I rented it) before you watch it.
VINE VOICEon August 14, 2014
I watched this movie with my 2 daughter's 13 & 15 and one of their friends, also 13. We were laughing and cracking up throughout the movie. It is a funny movie and I liked that it was rated PG13 and not R so it was actually a movie that we could all watch together. I've always liked Cameron Diaz and loved Leslie Mann in "THIS IS 40". This is a movie I would watch again and if I had the chance to see it at the movies I would not have been disappointed. I would recommend this if you want a good laugh.

So many funny movies these days (Neighbors, That Awkward Moment, We're The Millers, 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street, etc.) have been rated R, and while I thought they were good movies and really funny, they weren't ones that I would take my kids to see. So I was happy to see this was PG13 and ok for my kids to see.
on July 15, 2017
Was a little slow getting started and getting to the funny parts but I loved the last 2/3s of this movie. It was funny and the ending was entertaining enough.

(****SMALL SPOILER****) This movie is also a great reminder to read everything you sign even if it's a loved one asking you to sign it.
Was a good movie, the women really likeable and the friendship they had seemed real. I liked the brother, the father, the ocean scenes and the movie itself. What I didn't understand is that if this movie was made in 2104 how she (jilted #1), an intelligent lawyer didn't google him, Facebook him, find out her was married. That part just seemed to make the movie less credible. But enjoyed it.
Top Contributor: Petson January 10, 2018
What a funny movie! I’ve watched it several times and find it just as funny every time. A great revenge movie about a cheating husband that three adorable women take down for his treachery. Kate’s brother and Carley’s dad are a wonderful sideline and give you hope that there are great guys out there too!
on May 19, 2015
I watched this movie by myself as a "girl time" treat to myself, so I really just needed a funny chick flick. I felt like it delivered a pretty funny story even though at times it seemed like they were really stretching to piece it all together. I really liked the example that Cameron Diez's character gave as a woman who would never date a married man. She was good example of how to be a strong woman, while still being open to also needing to learn a lesson herself. Proving that we all can learn something and we need each other, even the people who you may view as weak.
on August 15, 2014
My friends called this movie" A Typical Chick Flick ".. Maybe and Maybe not.. I found parts of this movie to be funny and other parts not.. Kate Upton does not impress me a very good actress.. Very Pretty though.... Cameron Diaz has become someone who seems roughly the same in every movie.. L. Mann sure had plenty of lines to remember for her part.. Is it me or do Cameron and Leslie now have become members of the Starving Actor Look.. Being in good shape is great for anyone.. They are " Hollywood Thin " and when is that trend going to change.. How about " Healthy Regular "? Or is that unacceptable to the studios from now on?? Okay movie.. Wait and rent..
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 1, 2016
Sooooo, yeah... I laughed way more than I should have, and then was angry because honestly... HOW can a woman NOT annihilate her husband knowing he was having an affair? It took a while, but I did love the revenge...
Much of the early humor comes from Kate being a pest to become friends with Carly, when all Carly wants to do is distance herself from the whole thing. Then later there is a great scene of bathroom humor after Mark gets slipped some strong laxative in a restaurant. Then later when he is confronted by the three women in a conference room of the law offices. He plays the physical comedy very well.
And I AM also glad to say that I AM SO GLAD DON JOHNSON ISN'T DEAD! I dunno why I thought he was, but I laughed as soon as I saw him...It was nice seeing Don Johnson with a small part as Carly's 5-time divorced dad, who incidentally at the end ends up with Amber. And a curiosity is Nicki Minaj as Lydia, Carly's law office assistant. Minaj seems like a natural actress and did her part very well, but that nasal vocal delivery of hers is very, very annoying. And man does she have a big butt for a small girl! Hahahahaaaa
on July 31, 2015
Cheating is never funny, except in this film. Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton were exquisite and funny in their comedic roles which were very physical. A new leading man to watch Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is hysterical. I stayed glued to the screen because I did not want to miss a bit as it all is loaded with subtle and quick nuances and fun.The other actors who played smaller roles will be recognized and were real and played their parts well. A cameo or two with Don Johnson spiced it up. Sexy, clever, enjoyable to watch. I am off to watch it again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse