Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 287 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 349 reviews
on May 19, 2016
Great book for parent or teacher with a child who just doesn't seem to be able to handle normal developmental tasks and interactions. Sometimes those kids tantrum or avoid situations because they cannot handle it. Help them handle life. I read this years ago and have given a copy to many people over the years and they all love it and find it helpful.
on September 22, 2013
This book is a valuable tool. I started reading the book the moment it arrived. I have found it very informative. Now, I have some answers to what we all thought was behavioral issues and lack of proper discipline. I have spoken with the pediatrician, and he agreed we should proceed with some therapy. I just have to find the right occupational therapist.
on February 8, 2014
When my daughter was having some issues with being overly sensitive to touch, a friend recommended this book, and so much of it made so much sense to me. Easy to understand, very clear, it is a great book.
on July 15, 2016
My two year old was recently diagnosed with SPD. This was really helpful in giving us an understanding of what is going on with her and more importantly how to help her.
on September 17, 2016
if you suspect your child has SPD or someone you know has been recently diagnosed and you want to know more... please buy this book.
on February 19, 2016
This is a very informative book on sensory disorders. It has helped me understand sensory disorders better and thus helped me assist my grandchild and adapt to certain needs. I would recommend this book to parents and healthcare practitioners.
on July 28, 2010
This book appeals to every kind of parent and reader. There are plenty of very technical sections that will be helpful to those of us who like to intellectualize things and tackle problems with our kids from a research point of view. If that is not your cup of tea, there are also plenty of sections that provide checklists, helpful hints, and tips for dealing with a child with sensory issues. In other words, it's one of those book you don't have to read cover to cover if you don't want to. Because the sections are labeled clearly, it's even a good book to buy for caretakers/loved ones of your child with sensory issues because they can just read sections that apply to them.
on March 8, 2017
My son was diagnosed with spd at 2 years old.i always thought he was a sensory avoider.he is actually a sensory craver!!!it all described him to a T!it love this book.it is so informative!highly recommend any spd parent,teacher,it therapist to get this book!
on April 7, 2017
I've found that lots of reading out there can be overwhelming for me for such a sensitive subject about my child. I'm grateful this book explains things in more digestible language with easy to understand examples.
on October 29, 2015
Very easy read. Some examples fit my grandson others not but is gives a easy to understand explanation. It helped see possible reasons why he is behind in his development . But very encouraged by suggestions to help him