Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ricky Martin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 1, 2017
This book brought life in the Outer Banks alive for me. I've vacationed there for years, and the author's descriptions truly captured the magical essence of this breathtakingly beautiful place. The characters were believable and the situations and relationships very real for the period in time. I couldn't put the book down. While some of the outcomes were entirely predictable, given the politics of the era, the struggles of the characters to cope with what was happening and the ensuing consequences were heartbreaking. I so wanted everything to go well for Abby and Ben...and it did, for a time. You won't be disappointed-get this book...
on August 28, 2017
I like Outer Banks and Lowcountry Fiction, so I read this to the end. And it was okay, but I was not bowled over. I am spoiled by Pat Conroy and the turtle ladies who save the Loggerheads in even the worst fiction. I guess you could drag it to the beach, but there are other books out there do better. Even Dorothea Benton Frank is not as perky this year. I'd look for turtles on the Isle of Palms if I were you!
on August 12, 2017
Sometimes you just want to read a good story ,told well. Loved the setting,relatable likeable characters and interesting twist the author has created on this coming of age story. The experiences of southerners after the civil war ,adapting to an entirely new. Society was challenging and some rose to the challenge and some never did.
on September 6, 2017
Well done. Should have local interest with those many people who visit OBX often. Great local color from 1868. The story could well have happened with the old south beginning to move out of it's dark past while fighting the change tooth and nail.
on November 12, 2017
This book was very well written. The chapter openers from Robinson Crusoe were really interesting. The premise of this novel set post American revolution was beautifully handled. The undertone (at at times blatant) of racism was a marked reminder of the days padt, and the intolerance still evident on our times.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 4, 2017
This was a very intriguing book. I felt I really knew the characters and the area that I have visited several times came to life in the characters. As I finished the book I realized how much I would like to back.
on August 5, 2017
The author did a good job capturing the historical period and well as blending a good story set off the coast of North Carolina. The characters were well developed and believable.
on August 23, 2017
After the War between the state's things were not right yet. A lot of hate and hard feelings continued to brew and bubble. All kinds of unrest and groups thought they could do what they wanted to due with no punishment.
on August 4, 2017
I really enjoyed this historical romance that took place right after the Civil War. The whole North and South Carolina coast area fascinating to me as is the time period.
on August 7, 2017
Having experienced a week in a rented beach house in Kill Devil Hills in 1967, I loved this beautifully-written novel of a significant time in its past. I recommend it to mature readers.