Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 22, 2015
Not exactly what I was expecting, but still a great book. It covers all kinds of pasta from all over the world. It tells you how to make pasta, and has a ton of recipes for...you guessed it, pasta. My kids and I had a great time reading all about the origins and history of pasta, as well as looking at all the recipes (and wonderful pictures). I'm guessing that unless you are a complete novice in the kitchen, this book will be a great jumping off point into the art of pasta. I'm glad I bought it.
on August 25, 2012
Amazing book, just amazing.It arrived quite quickly, vis USPS & well packed in a USPS box.
I had bought my BRILLIANT RED ATLAS 150 WELLLNESS PASTA MACHINE, without knowing how to make a variety of the Worlds Perfect Pasta Doughs.. I am astounded at the varierty of dough recipes, and the multiple step by step (breath by breath) photos helping you, hand by hand, thru the process...& giving you full page/plate photos of the finished products..You can almost see the heat rising from the plate, smell the aromas.. I cannot wait to use this book. At the time I ordered this book, I bought the LAST ONE Amazon had.
Thanks, Amazon!!
Marcato Atlas Wellness 150 Pasta Maker, Stainless Steel
on February 14, 2010
This book has several basic recipes for a multitude of pasta recipes and types. For example, recipes for spaghetti, ravioli, gnocchi, etc. I used the recipe for ravioli and it turned out great. I loved the step-by-step pictures. It also contains a lot of pasta recipes, but many of them contain weird ingredients that not everyone may like, or aren't easily obtainable. Still, the basic recipes in this book make for a myriad of options if you just use your imagination, especially for the low price. However, I learned that making pasta from scratch isn't easy, and you need other pasta paraphernalia like pasta cutters or ravioli cutters, and a pasta roller (because rolling by hand takes a lot of work!), so be prepared!
on April 26, 2004
The beginning to the experienced pasta maker will benefit from this book. Large, clearly printed, well outlined and containing lots of photos of the recipes, this book also has the "cooking school" format that has step by step photos. A entire chapter is devoted to dried pasta with photos of the different shapes. Never wonder what casereccie, banane, or grimigna are again! With this book, you will know! Imaginative use of fresh herbs pressed in sheets of pasta, cuisines from Italian to the Orient (and points in between), baked, stuffed, desserts, this book has enough ideas and recipes to get you started and keep you busy.
on March 26, 2013
I love this book! I have already made several of the the pastas shown in this book, an made a few of the sauces.
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to know more about the basics about pastas, an all the history behind the origins an all. I like the references, an all the information contained in this book, I truly recommend trying out this pasta book! You will be very pleased an your family will love the product of your endeavors, an knowing how to make them by hand is truly appreciated by your family when they eat your makings from this book.
on February 27, 2010
This is the kind of book that you could leave on your coffee table and it would be an appealing read to many people. The book is bigger then I expected. (Of course I didn't even look at the dimensions. It's just bigger then the past 5-6 cookbooks that I have ordered.) The pictures are just beautiful. I enjoyed the history section and the pages upon pages of different pasta types. I love that this book has recipes for pasta AND for dishes that use the pasta. I can't wait to try a number of the recipes out.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 15, 2010
This book is an absolute MUST HAVE for any pasta kitchen. The book is sturdy. The pages are "thick" and seem to be spill resistant which is good as any cook will know.

It teaches you how to make different types of pasta (I mean from flour, eggs, etc!!) then it shows you how to add color, how to flavor it, etch.

Then you get recipes along with good step-by-step instructions on those as well

If you are looking for a good pasta making book - this is it!
on May 9, 2015
Awesome book. I haven't explored all the pasta types covered in the book, but it is definitely the go to source about standard pastas and ravioli fillings. I would highly recommend for anyone getting into making their own pastas.
on March 27, 2011
Except for spatzle, which requires no kneading or rolling, I will probably never make pasta; it is too time-consuming and physically demanding for me. But ohhh, the soups, sauces, and fillings! I'll be trying many of them with good quality store pastas such as De Cecco. I got this book from the library and had to have it. If anything can ever get me to roll dough ten times, it will be the fillings in this book!
on January 29, 2017
Great pasta cookbook. Not just Italian recipes which is very refreshing.