Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Peanut Shell Adjustable Baby Sling, Mud Pie
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on May 17, 2011
Really liked this product - my 3 week old was very fussy and absolutely hated the moby wrap - he was happiest when I was carrying him in a position much like this sling, hence why I purchased it. He loves the sling and the fabric is lightweight & breathable (not like the moby in my opinion). It is easy to slide off you shoulders when he is still asleep in it and tuck him into his infant chair with his head out and let him continue to sleep - this is clearly impossible with the moby wrap. We don't use it much anymore as he's getting a little more secure in his surroundings at 8 weeks - but it was a lifesaver for a few weeks....I recommend highly for babies in the 2-8 week range (and possibly beyond, depending on your little "peanut")
on July 27, 2013
This sling surprised me. I actually really like it. Despite the sales ladies saying they hated this sling, I bought it. I thought it was comfortable, easy to use and it was a great price (bought for $30). Not sure it would be worth full price but I've found it incredibly useful when we are out and baby wants to be held for a bit.

I don't think I'd like to try putting a really new baby in the cradle position in this sling. Mine is 4 months and has great head control. I carry baby in hip or kangaroo position and he is surprisingly happy for quite some time. Tried it on my nephew who is a year and it still worked really well with him. I like the padding for the legs. I tried another sling and it dug into baby's legs, this doesn't with the padding.

While I love our Ergo, the peanut shell will be my go to for when I just need my hands free for a few small tasks. I can pop baby into it without fussing with clips and straps etc. It also fits into my diaper bag (although it does take up a good chunk of room). That said, it has its limitations- for example I wouldn't go for long walks with this or use it on a baby without good head control. I would only have it as a secondary sling to something like an Ergo.
on August 28, 2011
I needed a sling because my son doesn't like his upright, backpack style carrier. This sling does the job. It can be a tiny bit tricky to get him into but the shape if the sling ensures that he can't slip out once he's inside. My only real complaint is that it is difficult to get my son into a position where he isn't curled in on his belly. He has reflux, so this is important. I wish the sling had more of an "L" shape than a "C" shape, but I haven't found any slings that are better in this respect.
on April 23, 2014
I haven't had this for very long so I may review further later, but after watching some youtube videos and learning how to put the baby in this correctly, I love it. More importantly, my baby loves it! He snuggles right in and goes to sleep every time. It is very simple and not difficult to put the baby in it. The trick is just to figure out how tight you need it to hold your baby in securely and keep their head in the proper position. My baby is only 4 weeks old so I wanted something easy, safe and comfortable for both me and the baby. I think this is it! My boy is sleeping in it right now as I type this :)
on November 24, 2014
Gets better the bigger they grow, I started really using it around the house when my son was about 2.5-3 months old and had good head control. Easy to get on and off, helps me when I need my hands free around the house. He often falls asleep in it, its so cute!
on August 26, 2014
Having zero baby experience myself, I added The Peanut Shell to my registry based on reviews I found here. My baby was 8 lbs at birth and was holding her wabbly little head up from day one. However, she was extremely colicky and nothing would calm her crying. I had hoped that this sling would be a game changer, but was miserably disappointed. However, as nothing else worked either, I kept trying it. She never adjusted to being cradled in the sling, but as she was holding her head up so early, I was able to begin to put her in it for side carrying. It was AMAZING!!! After carrying her around for all those weeks of colic, I finally had a way to carry her and get some stuff done around the house without tiring out my arms. (With the side carry, you do still need to support your baby's back, but the sling holds their weight.) The padded sides keep the sling from digging into her legs and the shoulder strap keeps the sling from digging into my shoulder, so it is a win - win. The majority of the material is not padded and breaths well so that we don't get as hot and sweaty as some other carrying solutions I tried. She is almost six months old now and I still use it for everything from grocery shopping to vacuuming the house. This is a great product!
on November 6, 2014
Nice fabric but horrible sling. My baby hated this and it looked like she was extremely uncomfortable when I put her in it. Not easy at all to get baby in and out by yourself. My husband helped me and we still couldn't believe how easily the baby could have fallen out.
on July 8, 2011
I wasn't sure I'd be able to use this - I tried it at home several times and it didn't feel right. Well, I just needed practice. I ended up using it again at the airport while checking in, and walked all the way to security - all the while nursing my infant son (with a nursing cover). And my son slept in it during the entire plane trip, and nursed again twice. No one was the wiser. I never really write reviews but wanted to share my experience.
on August 22, 2015
Love this sling. I tried every other baby carrier out there and nothing would fit my pint sized baby (born at 5 lbs 2 oz). She's now one month old and a whopping 6 lbs 1 oz. she fits in the peanut shell perfectly and loves sitting in it.
on March 18, 2016
I like this sling but found it really pushes the baby up against you as you walk. I thought my son would be nicely cradled inside but once his weight hits the sling it pushes his body against me and his face ends up looking rather smoothed against my chest. I used it during the winter months so I ended up putting a blanket int the sling before adding the baby and then using the edges to cushion his head so he didn't look so smashed. He isn't like it because he would fall asleep soon after being placed in it but I felt j had to keep checking his breathing space. I have tried putting him in different ways but each time he sinks down into the same space.