Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 20, 2014
Very informative. I thought I knew a lot about Tienanmen before, but this book gave me much new information. I knew nothing about the situation in Chengdu, which I found particularly interesting because I lived in that city for several years. Her views on how Tienanmen changed contemporary China were thought-provoking. I would have given it 5 stars except that it is somewhat repetitive in order to make it book-length.
on October 25, 2017
Fast and convenient! Excellent!
on March 13, 2017
Fascinating update
on August 12, 2015
Although there are many books written about these events, I had not read any of them..I followed situation day by day, but it was very good to get her perspective on the period and I was impressed with the number of references she made to other writers and their contributions to her story. I thought it was a fascinating account of an event that has been buried in history. Thoroughly ended this book.
on January 23, 2016
Excellent and accurate. Unbiased.
on February 11, 2015
After reading I wonder why the U.S. does business with them. The brutality is stunning from start to finish. Well written.
on August 9, 2014
Well written and researched. A sober and troubling description of a major player on the world stage.
on August 3, 2014
superb narrative of political turning point in modern Chinese history by NPR's long-time Beijing correspondent (and my colleague). Filled with intriguing and insightful characters.
on July 22, 2016
Fully satisfied.
on August 2, 2014
Excellent! She has done good research and makes the entire incident come alive!