Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,538 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,891 reviews
on November 15, 2012
This latest and last book in the Inn Boonsboro trilogy is so slow and boring that, for probably the first time ever, I don't expect to finish a Nora Roberts book (under any nom de plume).

The story is slow, there is absolutely no tension between Hope and Ryder, the dialogue is terse, short and cartoon-y (are they all speaking in Tweets?), the trilogy setting of one building site after another has become stunningly repetitive and pedantic, Ryder is a throwback (in the guise of a 'regular guy'?) and Hope is just flat and uninteresting. Even the 'ghost story' of Lizzy / Eliza is dull.

I've really enjoyed NR's writing for a long time, but if this is the future, I'm opting out.

I can't even be bothered to write more of a review. Lola Jane has said most of what I would have said, but probably better, so I won't take time to repeat her views - I'll merely direct you to read her review.
VINE VOICEon December 15, 2012
THE PERFECT HOPE was a wonderful conclusion to the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy. This is Hope and Ryder's romance. It is also the conclusion to Lizzy and Billy's story.

We have been watching Hope and Ryder spar and interact since the first book of the series - when they are not avoiding each other. They seem a very mismatched couple. Ryder is not a talker or fan of social interaction. He is abrupt and brutally frank. Of course, he is also handsome, loyal, hard-working and surprisingly perceptive. Hope is an innkeeper. She is beautiful, smart, socially adept, hard-working and loyal to her friends. Hope seems to Ryder to be a sophisticated city girl. Ryder prefers spending time at his house in the woods with his dog Dumbass as his only companion.

It was fun to watch Hope and Ryder's relationship grow and see it transition from a strictly sexual, no-strings-attached relationship to a deep loving one. Of course everyone around them could see where the relationship was headed but both Hope and Ryder were stubbornly refusing to see.

Hope's former boyfriend - the jerk who was stringing her along while pursuing a relationship with a woman in his social class - shows up. Jonathan tries to lure her back into her old job at the family hotel and into a new, formal relationship as his mistress. Hope is angry and insulted and turns to Ryder to show Jonathan that she has moved on and chosen someone better. Ryder is willing to play along since he has been reluctantly attracted to Hope since she first came to Boonsboro.

The relationship escalates when Jonathan's new wife comes to town and accuses Hope of having a continuing relationship with Jonathan. She throws a fit and actually slaps Hope. Since she chose to have this fight in the parking lot of the inn, she has quite an audience including Ryder who is rehabbing the building next door and Ryder's mother who is Hope's boss at the inn. Ryder takes it upon himself, without consulting with Hope, to deal with the problem of Jonathan and his new wife. This creates the biggest conflict in Hope and Ryder's relationship because Hope is angry that he didn't talk to her before taking action.

The resolution of the on-going plot of the ghost who haunts the inn and who is searching for her lost love is also resolved in this story. I will have to say that the resolution brought me to tears. Roberts has a way of writing emotional scenes that always works for me.

The strengths of this story for me were the the strong relationships among the characters. Hope and her best friends Clare and Avery, Ryder and his brothers Beckett and Owen, the brothers relationship with their mother, the women's with their men, and especially the relationship the brothers had with Clare and Beckett's three young sons all added to the story. This whole trilogy was about building the bonds of love and family.

Fans of contemporary romance and fans of Nora Roberts will not be disappointed in this final book in the Inn Boonsboro series. I loved it and look forward to reading the whole series - THE NEXT ALWAYS, THE LAST BOYFRIEND, and THE PERFECT HOPE - again when I need some feel-good romance.
on December 22, 2012
I love Nora Roberts, and will continue to read all her books, except the paranormal ones. I'm really not into the paranormal books, but I do enjoy Lizzy in this series. My biggest gripe, is I didn't want it to end the way it did, as it was the final book. I also would have liked more interaction with Hope and Ryder, maybe more suspense with Hope's previous employer/finance. But what I really would have liked was for Avery's wedding to be part of the book, the preperations, the interaction of Hope and Ryder preparing for their wedding. Hopes preperations for her wedding and finally her and Ryder's wedding. The epilogue should have been a summary/recap of all three girls/guys one year later after all were married and settled. What was up with Carolee now that she would be living at the inn? What were Justine and Willy B up to. The first book brings out all these wonderful characters, I just would have liked to seen how they all ended up. I love epilogues in a book, but this one let me down a bit. If there was a fourth book coming, I wouldn't have minded it so much, but it left me high and dry.

I usually don't leave book reviews, because everyone interprets art differently, and writing is definitly and art. I read everything, from spy/war/espionage, biographies, autobiographies, romance, murder mystery. The only thing I'm not into is parnormal and sci-fi which I really stay away from. And what I like, someone else may hate or vis versa. But if you love Nora Roberts, then read the trilogy. I would like to actually see this trilogy turned into a Lifetime Movie, because I would love to see how Hollywood would make the rooms at Inn Boonsboro look and what Avery's Tap House bar/restaurant is like.
VINE VOICEon November 26, 2012
I enjoyed this, the last book in the Boonsboro Trilogy. We finally get the opportunity to see all of the Montgomery boys coupled and happy.

Ryder has been fighting his attraction to their dedicated innkeeper Hope since she arrived at the Inn. Initially Hope viewed him as surly and unkind, but the more she gets to know him, the more she is convinced that there is more than meets the eye. Not to mention she thinks that they can have a physical relationship without all the nasty entanglements (I guess she didn't learn anything from Avery and Owen) and both come out unscathed. But you have to remember that Hope came to Boonsboro (Maryland's Blue Ridge Mountains) to lick her wounds and mend her broken-heart from her last love Jonathan, who committed the ultimate betrayal. And the last thing anyone expects from Ryder, who has been known to "love `em and leave `em", is to fall for someone like Hope and consider settling down. While the two come together as only Nora can have them, we see a mired of other storylines evolving or concluding. The mystery of who Billy (the ghost's lover) really is and why Lizzie hasn't transcended (for lack of a better word) but instead haunts the Inn leaving a smell of honeysuckle in her wake, is FINALLY revealed.

What I always enjoy when reading a Nora Robert's novel is her ability to weave an entertaining tale with just the right amount of romance and suspense. Once you finish one, you find yourself smiling because you can imagine the characters happily ever-after. At the end of The Perfect Hope, I could see Clara and Beckett with their ever growing family (tons of kids and pups) thriving....Clara running her bookstore, with Beckett being her rock. You know Avery and Owen will be married...she running her successful business while he keeps spreadsheets and lists; AND then there is the very poised and extremely organized Hope with grumpy and devilishly-sly Ryder starting a family and having years of happiness (even though he gives her a list of things he isn't going to do)......while the Inn blooms and grows. And we mustn't forget Justine and Avery's father who proved you are never too old to find love and companionship.

Overall, while this is a typical and not too original book by Nora, it was a pleasure to read. I recommend it to Nora lovers. I can't wait to read the next one.
on September 10, 2013
I feel that some are being harsh in their review of this book.. I liked it a lot, and I read the whole trilogy and liked it! No, it's not an action or adventure book, because it's not supposed to be! And who cares if she may have been using it for a little correlation/advertisement for her own hotel, it's HER book, she can do what she wants! If YOU write a book, then you can write what you want, too! I don't know that she was even doing this, but I've read a few people accusing her of it. Anyhow, back to the book. I am 30 years old, about the same age of the characters, and I found it very fun and romantic. I actually read her books to get away from daily life for 30 minutes or so, and it did just that for me. It was very worth the buy and the read. Her characters are engaging and funny. I've read several of her books, so I feel like I'm kind of getting a grasp of her writing style and sense of humor. She even incorporated a little bit of American history in this particular book, talking about some of the Civil War battles. Anyhow, I did enjoy it. It depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for action/adventure, then buy another book. If you are looking for a fun romance to help you get your mind off your own life and troubles, then this is a good one!
on April 30, 2017
Enjoyed the final story. Could have used less of the fword. I'm a little old fashioned about swear words both out loud and written. Happy the way it ended with Lizzy and Billy together. Lizzy sure made all three books interesting. Is there maybe a 4th book coming?
on June 13, 2017
I love Nora Roberts. She is the best of the best. A sweet story times 3! Makes me wish I could spend a weekend with Hope, Avery and Clare at the Inn Boonesboro.
on April 7, 2017
I found this 3 part series a wonderful read. I'm a widow of a construction man, and the mother of 3 boys,so the detail Ms Roberts laid out was quite interesting to me and easy to follow. I enjoyed each book but this last one was "perfect" in my estimation. So good that I actually read it twice. I had only read one other of Nora Roberts books when I stumbled onto this series. I am planning on a trip to Boonsboro with a friend who recommended this trilogy to me. I'm probably a fan from this point on.
on May 12, 2014
All three of the Inn Boonsboro books were wonderful. They took you through the day to day lives of some marvelously written characters. Add to that the well written explanation of the workings of renovating an old building to better than it's previous life's grandeur, and then the workings of it as a Bed and Breakfast with it's colorful characters and the Inn's resident ghost...and you have the makings of a great series. I fully recommend this trilogy. Nora Roberts writes in a way that draws you into her stories, making you want to b a part of them.
on March 19, 2017
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, what a wonderful story. Love every moment of this trilogy still wanting more. So easy to get lost in the lives of the characters. Nora Roberts does a great job of detailing everyone's life, including the ghost. If you read the first two books you will really enjoy this one as well.