Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 11-20 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 64 reviews
on March 16, 2011
I'd read the book in college (years ago!) and before then my eyes were completely closed to christian persecution around the world. The book facinated me and gave me a real burden for christians that have to endure so much for their faith. Since that time I've also began receiving "Voice of the Martyr" magazine, and I highly recommend it as well. The book...the magazine...both give you a first hand look at what it really means to be a christian. They made me ask, "What am I willing to give for my faith?"
on December 31, 2014
Bought it used. Good condition. Good for learning how life in communist Russia was like for some. Insightful to how a persons point of view can be purposely skewed for another s profit and power. How we need to check out information ourselves, good and bad.
on December 7, 2014
Amazing story of an orphan raised by communism who raids 150 prayer meetings before getting sick of hurting good people and escapes to freedom where he finds true salvation in Jesus Christ, and is killed before his 22nd birthday,.
on August 30, 2013
Received the book very quickly and while it was a little more worn than expected, it was still in good shape and I enjoyed reading it the day it arrived in the mail.

The book itself is a treasure. I loaned out the copy I had in high school and never got it back, so it was a treat to find it on Amazon. While an easy read, it is very engaging and often heartbreaking.
on May 27, 2014
I was expecting a enduring hard cover as was my previous two copies bought through Amazon. Also, my government made me pay VAT and a CLEARANCE FEE which I have never had to do on my previous orders? Maybe this is an internal thing though.
on December 8, 2013
While the book is not polished literature, the story was very meaningful and enlightening to me. The story is useful because it once again demonstrates the fact that brutality and force is the bedrock of godless socialism / communism. The story also demonstrates the redemptive power of Jesus Christ.
on February 26, 2013
With all the rewriting of history going on right now, "The Persecutor" is a poignant reminder of what a repressive communist society looks like. The ugly truth of socialism is on full display in this first-hand account. The younger generation needs to read this book so that they can hear from someone who was a part of the communist machine in the full glory of the USSR.
on January 19, 2013
This is an eye-opening story of a young boy who grows up behind the iron curtain. The true story reveals man's inhumanity to man and how God is the only one who can change a heart. Sergei's salvation story that comes through his eye witness account of Christian's persecution is amazing. The book is well written and an easy read.
on December 7, 2012
Great story! Highly recommended reading! Those who wonder if God is able to work through "troubles", this book will remind you that, "Yes, He does!". ("The blood of the martyrs is the seed of Christianity" ~ Tertullian)
on December 18, 2011
This book was a great view on how we are raised/ brought up. Yes, we cannot control how or what we are taught. But in the end, who we become is our choice! This book shed light on Communist Russia and why certain people are the way they are. The power of God came through and really touched me through this man's honest words and struggle and heart.