Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on April 21, 2012
It is really one of the best program for personal growing. The author combines the techniques for personal growing from the east and west. And for Sri Kumar is more important the right attitude and to be happy, then to be successful for every reason. Then he describe how we deal with rejected jobs and relationships (at work and at home) and to change them, so that we have fun with them. All the methods very practicable and the most important thing is that we get happy at work and at home under all circuit stances. We can create our own hell or paradise, what you want?
on January 16, 2010
Dr. Rao combines journal writing with contemplative rational thinking to produce a highly thoughtful and practical approach to happiness. Great stories scattered throughout the production make the intermittent silences devoted to thinking or writing hard to take especially if you are like me and have not started the journal. He has a conversational narrative style that makes me feel he is in the room talking just to a small group or me. I like the fact Rao is outside the traditional self-help providers as a business professor. I bought a notebook to write in and after listening through hope to go back and listen again with journal at hand read to follow with the assignments.

After going back and starting the journal my sense is this program will change my life over the course of the next few years. My opinion is based on the significant change that has already occurred in the few months of working with his ideas and exercises. My plan is to be ready to read Dr. Rao's new book due out in April 2010.

Edit #2: Still working on the journal part of the program. Yet to establish a regular journal practice but I do use the rational thinking process which makes up much of the program. Change of any magnitude requires consistent formation of new habits. The key here is consistent acceptance of the possible and a willingness to stay on course. My initial sense of huge change has diminished somewhat by the realities of my existing thought patterns. In other words even though Dr. Rao talks about the effortlessness of making change, my experience is that real change is slower than I first thought it would be. Other than drugs or surgery, change requires paying attention to the attempts at change and a willingness to stay on target when results appear negligible.

Given the thousands of self-help programs out there if you find one that you are willing to stick with and go through the rough seas of seemingly no results then that program is good for you. Dr. Rao's program seems to be working for me. It obviously does not work for everyone but so far I'm satisfied with the results and look forward to further progress.

Edit #3: Very similar to another book by Rau "Are You Ready to Succeed?". Not sure why PMP costs so much more for the audio version from Sounds True. Are You Ready to Succeed is a cheaper choice and seems to include most if not all of the Personal Mastery Program. I lost a library copy of an MP3 book and paid a high price (+$60) for the loss. My 18 year old son has started reading another Rau book, Happiness At Work, needless to say I'm delighted he loves it and hope he reads more Rau.
on September 10, 2009
I am one of the most skeptical people when told about any one thing changing life dramatically. However, this book delivered every bit and more. It changed my life and my perceptions, dramatically for the better! The presentation of the information and combination of tools makes for a seriously worthwhile investment.

I like that you don't have to TRY too hard to do much. Just the information, a little attention and trying some of the exercises, is enough to produce drastic changes to your situation.

If any of this rings a bell, then this course is for you:
1.) Life seems to always be missing that one thing - the next big promotion, the next big raise, moving someplace by the sea, etc, etc...that was going to fix everything.
2.) Feeling under-appreciated or unappreciated at work or home.
3.) Waiting for that 'perfect' job to sweep you off your feet.
4.) Plenty of 'some days' in your life - someday I will learn to play the guitar, become rich, etc.

What I got out of the course - useful tools and information, timeliness of the info, the ingredients along with the recipe!! Also, a residual feeling of incredible peace, joy, positivity, and abundance!
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2008
I can't say enough great things about this course. It is such a privilege to be able to take Rao's course on audio CD, what a bargain to get this college course without paying college tuition!

This course helped me change the way I think about my career life. I do yoga, and really noticed similar themes yet applied in a business framework which I found fascinating. Rao manages to combine the business world with personal growth, mindfulness, yoga, etc.. - it is a revolutionary approach to thinking and acting in your work life.

I found my work life and career goals transform, and I've had success ever since! This is great stuff!
on March 6, 2015
great
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 27, 2009
During the 3rd cd, I was asking "When will you get to the promises you made on the cover?" Honestly, I don't have any idea how other purchasers could have gotten anything helpful from this program. It is very slow-moving and seems like it never gets to the reasons for purchasing it. I would have given it half a star, but that was not an option.
on July 24, 2010
The Art of Marketing is the Art of Deception.
Make your product look highly valuable, attractive, addictive.
No difference to a Drug Seller
Rao sells his drugs for high prices
And delivers deception and regret.
Aspirin is cheaper and delivers more...
No star rating!
22 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse