Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Picklemeister Glass Fermentation Jar (Picklemeister 1/2 Gallon)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

Size: Picklemeister 1/2 Gallon|Change

on September 23, 2014
As others have said, the product is reliable and does what it's supposed to: helps you make decent pickles. But there are many very similar products out there (including here on Amazon), and a major drawback of this one is that the included lid does not screw onto standard, wide-mouth Ball jars. That means you can only use the special lid with the included jar. All in all, you're better off with a similar product that does screw onto a standard, wide-mouth Ball jar.
on July 16, 2014
I made my first batch of pickles and they were delicious!! The picklemeister is very easy to use. I will be buying at least 2 more. I've never owned the more expensive fermenting contraptions and I'm glad I don't have to pay so much to be able to enjoy fermented foods.
on August 23, 2014
This is the best investment I ever made. I have a gallon jar for cucumber pickles and a quart jar for small batches of kraut or other veggies. Right now I have spicy giardiniera fermenting in the quart jar. I was buying fermented vegetable salads at the gourmet food store for ridiculous prices- now I can make it at home for practically nothing. It's fast and affordable and the possibilities are endless!
on July 7, 2014
I started my first batch of sauerkraut and a week in it's progressing perfectly despite that it's summertime and a little too warm. I'm going to do several batches of fermented veggies this coming Fall and intend to buy a few more of these.
on January 25, 2015
This jar works great for making sauerkraut. I haven't tried anything else in it, but I plan to in the future. The company is really good with their communication, and I would recommend this to anyone looking to start fermenting veggies!
on December 2, 2014
The Jar itself is great, but the rubber stopper came loose, and as it came loose a bunch of rubber shavings and glue fell in to my pickle brine. I had to go to the hardware store and purchase a new stopper in order to continue using this. Also, the lid is very thin, it flexes alot, which is why I think the rubber seal came undone.
on April 28, 2014
I've been dipping my toe into fermented food for about a year and decided that a dedicated fermentation jar would assist my efforts. The Picklemeister fits my needs to a tee and the customer service from this family-owned small business is outstanding. I plan to buy more products from them.
on April 12, 2016
I have made sauerkraut and kimchi in this jar and had great results. It makes an ideal amount for 1 to 2 people. It is easy to use. It inspires you to try new things. I'm going to try dill pickles next.
on September 26, 2015
My pickled veggies are coming along very well! ive got an assortment of pickling methods going on right now, from mason jars to ceramic crocks to these here.

i have 2 of the Picklemeister jars and am pretty happy with the size. also the airlock leaves a very clean looking brine without any leakage.
while the mason jars have shown a small amount of leakage due to the gas escaping.

mason jars work well but this is a much better device. very low maintenance. i'll get the 2.5 gallon one next!
on February 22, 2015
I ordered the product on Wednesday and I received it on Saturday, very fast. The price was excellent for the size of the jar. I bought a similar jar, half of the size, from William Sonoma and I had to pay more. I am very satisfied with my order.