Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!
Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon May 30, 2016
I cannot help but get a kick out of Gerald and Piggie, and the humor in the book was right up my ally as the two friends plan for a road trip. Mo Willems makes great use of his illustration and patch-in skills. The story is simple and hilarious, the reading level with decodable words and sight words great for young readers (yeah, I'm a teacher), and it's another great adventure of the two friends.
on October 31, 2015
How many good stories involve a Naked Mole Rat? I pair this book with the Disney song, Naked Mole Rat. I play the song while I show pictures of a real mole rat. I read both the nonfiction book and this picture book to the class- discussing features of both. Then the students complete and clothe a drawing of a naked mole rat. This is a fun lesson.
on April 19, 2017
This is absolutely one of our favorite Mo Willems Elephant & Piggie books. Our 3 year old is working on reading and she knows this book inside and out - making up her own lines as she goes. It's quite a treat to listen to her reading "I'm a Frog". We especially love the banter in the middle between Gerald and Piggie. It makes for entertaining nighttime reading, whether you are reading aloud alone or with a partner. Mo Willems has once again nailed his Elephant & Piggie series book. More, More, More we say!
on September 7, 2013
My five year-old was really resistant to learning to read until she discovered Piggie and Gerald books. They are perfect for her! They are funny, the illustrations are wonderful, and they have a lot of repetition of sight words, so they are great for beginning readers! Now instead of fighting to get her to read, she asks me, her brothers, her grandparents, and her friends if she can read the books to us!
"Let's Go for a Drive" in particular is very funny, the illustrations are funny as always, and the repetition of sight words is great. My daughter's favorites are "Should I Share My Ice Cream" and "I Will Surprise My Friend", but this book is definitely on equal footing with those!
on August 26, 2016
Let's Go for a Drive is my daughter's favorite of all the Elephant & Piggie books! We have checked out nearly all of them from our local library and this one is the one my daughter has asked for enough that we decided to buy it. Mo Willems writes such wonderful children's books! Remarkably, we have not grown tired of reading Elephant & Piggie yet.
on November 1, 2016
It is a really funny and cute book. WE are all excited to read this series maks my 5 year old daughter very motivated to read and we all love these books. Once she started teafing these her reading skills have improved dramatically the expressions on piggie and elephant! !!!!!!!!!
on April 25, 2016
The Elephant and Piggie series of books are very cute and easy to read. Even though the drawings are simplistic, the illustrator manages to create such emotion. The stories are humorous and teaches a lesson. My 2 year old loves these books.
on August 10, 2015
This is our 1st Mo Willems book. It's a great way to show your toddler how frustration works for both parent AND child -- and the importance of clear communicating. I kid you not: we can refer to Trixie and/or her daddy mid-tantrum, and it eases the tension immediately. We've made it a point to communicate feelings from Day 1 so he could learn to label his frustrations, but this helps put a 3rd person perspective on it, so we can reference it -- and it's worked! Our kid has had a fairly intense personality from the very day he burst from my loins (completely expected, given his parents...). This book was a wonderful discovery for us!
on April 10, 2016
We just got all three of these from Amazon today. They were great books that my almost 7 and almost 4 year olds both loved. We enjoy Elephant and Piggie, as well as the Pigeon books, and I loved spotty each of the other characters in these books. The third Knuffle book really caught me at the end. I loved reading them! Mo Willems is a great author!
on October 24, 2013
The kids love it - and you know kids these days need to be reminded to use their imaginations, which this does. The newer Elephant and Piggie books have not wowed me, so I was not expecting much, but this has quickly become one of my favorite Elephant Piggie Books.