Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

The Pigeon Needs a Bath!
Format: Hardcover|Change

on April 1, 2014
Today was an exciting day for my girls. We pre-ordered The Pigeon Needs a Bath, and today, our copy finally arrived! My twins are almost 5, and my oldest girl is almost 7. They are big fans of Mo Willems, and they absolutely loved this new book. The Pigeon has visible stink waves emanating from his body, yet he insists that he doesn't need a bath. He turns the situation around, and asks the reader, "When was the last time YOU had a bath?" You would think that the situation would be resolved with the Pigeon approaching the bathtub, but he has more complaints. Willems really outdoes himself with 29 panels spread across two pages. The Pigeon has a litany of complaints: the bath is too hot, it's too cold, there are too many toys, there aren't enough toys. The suspense builds, as the reader wonders if the Pigeon will ever make it into the bathtub!

Willems might have a simple style of drawing, but he certainly gives that Pigeon a full range of emotions and body language.

My girls giggled and laughed through the entire book, and they have also enjoyed looking through it on their own. I appreciate the sophisticated vocabulary- what better way to teach phrases like "purely coincidental" and "a matter of opinion" than a sassy cartoon Pigeon?

This was a big hit at my house!
0Comment| 199 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 16, 2014
My 2nd grade twins are past this reading level but I hope they never outgrow laughing at this hilarious pigeon! I pre-ordered this to add to our collection and it is naturally a huge hit. They are having a great time quoting all the lines at me and we all crack up. So much fun. This might be the funniest pigeon book yet. The flies are the best... take a bath, dude!
0Comment| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 30, 2014
This is certainly the one and only time I've ever placed a pre-order on a children's book, and it was well worth it. Ever since my wife and I came across the "Pigeon" series by Mo Willems, and bought the first one for our son, all three of us have been crazy about his books ever since. My son owns and loves all of them, including the pigeon activity book.

The Pigeon Needs a Bath is another great hit in the series, and honestly I feel is the best book yet in the series. The story is humorous; my son especially loves the very impressively thorough page where the Pigeon is coming up with his excuses as to why the water in the bath is too hot, too cold, and the many other reasons he justifies not wanting to get in. The story was humorous for both adults and children alike. It's longer than some of the other pigeon books, but still short enough that it can frequently be read and reread in a reasonable amount of time. And like the other Mo Willems books, on top of being great and wacky stories about the adventures and misadventures of the pigeons, the artwork is phenomenal and humorous as well. The artwork is simple yet very expressive. It's easy on the eyes, and I have a feeling that both the comical stories and artwork in these books will make them fairly timeless. Our son is still young, but I can already imagine myself taking these books back out to one day read them to my grandkids and I don't feel as if they will seem aged or out of date.

Overall, whether you are completely new to the pigeon series, or a long time reader, The Pigeon Needs a Bath is an outstanding addition to the Mo Willems collection and a book that I can imagine almost any child being excited to read and laugh about over and over again. Bonus points too, it even seemed to make my kid more excited about bath time as well!

Thank you Mo Willems, and please keep the Pigeon series coming!
on August 29, 2016
A great installment in the pigeon series. Of course the pigeon throws his usual tantrums. While his tantrums upset some people, I love them. Kids can relate to how the pigeon acts, and they can especially relate to not wanting to take a bath. This would be a great addition to any hygiene discussion or unit. As with any pigeon story, this book gives adults the chance to talk with kids about appropriate coping skills, expressing themselves and their feelings appropriately, and how to deal with being told to "no" or other things kids hate to hear! ("Ten hours later" is a quote from the book.)
on July 22, 2015
The pigeon is back again with his usual brash attitude and this time he needs a bath. No surprise, it takes a little (self) convincing for the pigeon to finally take the plunge.

My three young kids love this story (just like all the others in the series). They ask for me to read it again and again, and my pre-schooler has begun to read it on his own as well.

I purchased the hardcover edition and the binding and pages are very good quality. I expect that it will be in good shape to share with grand kids down the road.
on November 2, 2015
This is a halirious book with simplistic drawing details. The pigeon needs a bath and is very expressive of why he does not need one. This is a great book for the whole family, laughter galore!! I believe this book could even be a beginner reader book, although it has some higher reading lever than beginner. I would highly recommend this book to any parent! Fun for everyone.
on February 5, 2018
Gift for my great nephew, who has learned to read and loves these pigeon books. I cannot tell you how my heart swelled up when he pulled it out of the gift bag and his face was all excitement and joy at having a Mo Willems pigeon book! He was literally jumping up & down. He liked this better than the money I stuck in with the book lol..... I'll be getting him more of these pigeon stories!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 22, 2017
I cannot say enough good things about this book or Mo Williams. The Pigeon series are HYSTERICAL. My 4 year old loves the books, and my husband and I love reading them too her. The writing keeps the adult entertained and the pictures keep the small ones entertained. I really hope he continues to write this series. Parents with toddlers can definitely relate to this book.
on May 9, 2014
Hey! I'm a big fan of Mo Willems' Pigeon series, and I made it a duty to purchase each and every one of them to read here at the Arima Public Library during storytime. So, when I found out about the newest title seen here, I was stoked. I placed my order at once and got the book rather quickly.

As always, the book is charming, and children love seeing the Pigeon act like the spoiled brat he usually is when he doesn't get his way. My only nitpick is that the interaction with the Pigeon this time doesn't seem as straightforward as the other books were - I have my kids here yell at the Pigeon, "TAKE A BATH!" when he acts stubborn, but it took me a while to come up with a way to get them into it. Still, I highly recommend this for any Pigeon fan. Great job, Mo!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 15, 2014
Read the reviews and glad I did. This book doesn't disappoint. My very stubborn, not so easy to please, 5 year-old granddaughter, loved it. I mean LOVED IT, the pigeon has a personality just like her's.

I read this book to her about three times in a row once it arrived, then she proceeded to read it to her mother.

Pros: It's a great tool to promote reading and good hygiene. It isn't very wordy, just right for the attention span of its intended audience which helps to promote word recognition. The graphics reinforce the latter. This is what reading is supposed to be about; educational, entertaining and enchanting, all in one. I enjoyed it just as much as she.

Cons: If you don't enjoy reading, this book may convert you. Your facial muscles may become fatigued from reading to the little one, over and over again. Otherwise, it's a great piece of work. Almost forgot, you may end up purchasing more books in the pigeon series, I did.

Very pleased customer