Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 179 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 249 reviews
on October 25, 2016
My kids (2 and 4) just adore Willems' books. The can identify his characters by sight ("did No Willems write this book?") and after borrowing many of the Gerald and Piggie and Pigeon books from the library over and over, we just started outright asking people to get them for the kids for birthdays/holidays.
We've read this book so many times that my husband and I are sick to death of it, and that, my friends, is the definition of a great children's book.
That demanding pigeon is back, pleading his case for puppy ownership and it is just as funny as you'd expect. If you don't own this, or any of the pigeon books, get them for your kids. Mo Willems' talent is such a gift to young children.
on January 7, 2017
These pigeon books are absolutely amazing! The bird has become a part of our daily lives, constantly playing around with my daughter asking her to drive the bus and to stay up late. We bought the remaining books as well as the plush pigeon for our daughter for Christmas/her birthday [= expensive holidays] this year and we all love the series so much. This author is genius. Then today we received the activity book, and again complete satisfaction! It's so funny, and there's enough to keep us busy for hours and hours on end!
on January 7, 2010
We came across this book at our public Library and my toddlers fell in love with it. After waiting in anticipation for it once I placed the order, my toddlers were so excited on its arrival. This book is very simple in its illustration and word choice, but it's this simplicity that captures your attention and the attention of the child. In addition, it really gets the reader involved with the story. It's a book every 2 to 7 year old should have in his or her library. My little ones read The Pigeon Wants a Puppy practically everyday. It's worth the read and it's worth the money.The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!There Is a Bird On Your Head! (An Elephant and Piggie Book)Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!
on July 6, 2017
Great book. This has been my kids go to book for bedtime for weeks. Mo Willems has a knack for engaging young readers!
on July 1, 2017
Arrived promptly. Used the book for needs vs. wants unit. Great fun!
on February 25, 2017
I heard this book for the first time in our lical library 's book reading and it was so funny i just had to buy it! My 2 year old is a little too young to understand the all humor but its very entertaining for me to read and she likes it too! And should i add also that as a' puppy loving 'mother I can so relate to the pigeon 's desire....awww puppies...
VINE VOICEon April 4, 2008
Preschoolers will recognize themselves in Pigeon, a big-eyed blue bird that really, really, really wants a puppy. He's wanted it "forever! At least since last Tuesday."

Pigeon speaks directly to the reader from page one. "Oh, hello. How are you? I'm fine, thanks for asking." He proceeds to tell you how much he wants a puppy, how he'll take care of it by watering it once a month. Pigeon gets emotional when he concludes that you don't want him to have a puppy. He throws a tantrum: "I WANT A PUPPY! RIGHT HERE! RIGHT NOW!"

Mo Willems uses speech balloons to show that Pigeon is indeed speaking to the reader, and he changes the size of the type to show Pigeon's changing emotions. When the bird sulks, the type size is small, as if Pigeon is muttering to himself: "You just don't understand." And when the puppy arrives on the scene with a friendly "Woof?" Pigeon's terror shows with a bold, black scrawled "Aaaaaggghhh!"

Of course Pigeon changes his mind about wanting a puppy, and decides what he really, really, really wants is... a walrus.

Young kids will love reading along and answering back to Pigeon as he "talks" with them. This one joins Willems' other classics:
Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
Don't Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late!
The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!
The Pigeon Has Feelings, Too!
and
The Pigeon Loves Things That Go!.
on July 3, 2017
Mo Willems is so much fun. This is a great text to use as a mentor text for opinion writing for any age.
on February 28, 2017
A classic! We all enjoy this one so much!
on June 7, 2017
Another fabulous pigeon book. Kids beg for these books at bedtime.