Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

The Pilgrimage (Plus)
Format: Paperback|Change

on June 11, 2015
I guess I am a little too grounded in actual reality to buy into the mythology Mr. Coelho sells as reality in this book. It was an interesting read of the authors spiritual adventure and awakening on the Camino de Santiago. As I am planning on making this walk later this year I was interested in both the mystical and historical perspectives presented in this book. If you are looking for a fantasy that is presented as fact this is the book for you.

I did not understand this was an autobiographical account until after reading the book. Knowing it was suppose to be non-fiction made me like the book less in that it asks the reader to accept mythology as fact. I can do that with fantasies, but not in realities. If you don't have that hang-up with non-belief in mythology you may enjoy the book more than I did.
on August 8, 2017
I have walked to Santiago twice, once west across the northern tier of Spain and once north from Porto near the Portuguese coast. I caught myself wishing I had read Coelho's book before starting on the Strange Road to Santiago. Now I'm relieved that I didn't because my experience of the pilgrimage was so similar to his in the most meaningful ways. I needed to discover it for myself. I plan to walk to Santiago again in a few weeks on the gentle route south from Spain's Atlantic coast, and I'll do it with the special joy of taking my friend Coelho's along.
on July 21, 2016
The Pilgrimage is the story of Paulo Coelho's journey on The Road to Santiago. During his journey he discovers the secrets of wisdom, love, and God who resides in all of us. It's very interesting and even entertaining to read. He describes all the excersices and practices to obtain the secrets of the world and describes some of the religious visions he has, that sometimes seem like he was having a trip off some psychedelic drugs. Very interesting read.
on August 29, 2017
I hope to one day walk the Camino to Santiago de Compostela so read this book looking for insight. At times the spiritual visions were moving, other times long. This is a book that could carry different insights and meaning at different times, through multiple readings.
on October 13, 2015
~Summary~
The Pilgrimage is about one mans journey to find himself through the excuse of finding his sword. At first, the main character had gone through a set of trails not specifically talked about in the book, to earn the right to have his sword. But because of his impatiance, he has to prove himself by taveling down the Road of Santiago. There, he meets his mentor who will teach him the practices that he has to use to find his sword. The main meat of the book is the main character on this journey. Whether he finds his sword or not will be up to you to find out.

~Impressions~
To be honest, there were parts of this book that made it hard to read. Some parts just made you loes intrest. But to conteract that, there were parts where the words flowed naturally off of the page to make not reading on to the next chapter hard. The book teaches a lot about the human mind and how most people think and I found that interesting. I loved how it emphsized the importance of having mental toughness in life as that is truth.

~Recommendations~
I would recommend this book to anyone having trouble finding themselves. This book has a lot to do with that and may provide some answers for said person. Coming from a teenage male perspective, I feel like it can relate a bit to my group. Would read again in a few years.
on August 8, 2017
Bought it as a gift because someone asked for, personally this author is terrible, the worst I ever read but, like I said, someone asked for it.
on January 28, 2015
A man starts on a pilgrimage to San Tiago. He experiences many fantasy like things along the way. I know them to be occult experiences. I found I was uncomfortable as he had these experiences. He is looking for something specific and if he is ahead of you you just get accustomed to his strange ways. I enjoyed reading this book even though I found it strange. I know a Pastor of a church that I attend made this same pilgrimage and I've never spoken in depth with him about his trip. I may change that circumstance and do that.
bc Dijon bc c.f.vCard
on March 7, 2018
awesome, hard-core book on (somewhat) modern-day sorcery/magic, with great descritions, and by an author who's unafraid to experiment & 'cross that line', and also who's passionate about his subject matter.
on June 27, 2017
I read a variety of books as I am alway looking to learn something new.
This is one of those books. A friend recommended I read it and I have since read a few more by the author..
I enjoy his writing and he travels to places I can only dream about.
on December 1, 2015
I had a hard time relating to the main character born of privilege and had to come to reality of people around him. He was very pompous, but I did not agree with his guide either....I've known drill sergeants who are far better life guides than the one in this book.