Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

The Pilgrimage (Plus)
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 11, 2017
Below is what I had written in March 2017 but I found out in July 2017 that this book is not ended properly. It is missing the last chapter Santiago de Compostela. The previous chapter is not properly ended either. "...caused the blade of my sword to glisten" was not how Paulo Coelho finished the book. I think all purchaser of the book deserve an explanation from Amazon and HarperOne. I found this very bizarre. So I changed from an original 5-star rating to a 2-star.

I read The Pilgrimage more than once. The first time I read it was when I was traveling in Spain and Morocco. This is the type of books that feeds our souls. Though Paulo has other books perhaps more popular The Pilgrimage remains my favorite. It is more for mature readers. I recommend it to everyone who wants to add a bit food to our spiritual journey and pursue life with enthusiasm, wisdom and courage.
on June 27, 2017
I read a variety of books as I am alway looking to learn something new.
This is one of those books. A friend recommended I read it and I have since read a few more by the author..
I enjoy his writing and he travels to places I can only dream about.
on June 11, 2015
I guess I am a little too grounded in actual reality to buy into the mythology Mr. Coelho sells as reality in this book. It was an interesting read of the authors spiritual adventure and awakening on the Camino de Santiago. As I am planning on making this walk later this year I was interested in both the mystical and historical perspectives presented in this book. If you are looking for a fantasy that is presented as fact this is the book for you.

I did not understand this was an autobiographical account until after reading the book. Knowing it was suppose to be non-fiction made me like the book less in that it asks the reader to accept mythology as fact. I can do that with fantasies, but not in realities. If you don't have that hang-up with non-belief in mythology you may enjoy the book more than I did.
on May 6, 2017
One of my all time favorite books. I have bought this as a gift for several people and have read it myself multiple times. Paulo is my favorite author!
on October 11, 2015
Paulo Coelho is a master story teller who takes the reader on a historical and mystical journey on the road to Santiago. During the journey the Pilgrim must learn many lessons that are crucial elements to ensure his survival and provide information to retrieve a very valuable object. The pilgrim was provided with a guide who taught him many lessons in his travels.
The genius of Coelho became very evident to me at the very beginning as I was transformed from the reader to the pilgrim. I learned the lessons as if they were taught to me personally and felt wiser with every turn of every page as I made the journey.
Anthony Dillett
Author
on September 5, 2017
This is not a travel book, but a spiritual journey. Coelho presented the Tradition which shares many common practices with other spiritual growth choices. It's fascinating to experience the journey with him.
on May 2, 2017
Great inspirational book, really enjoyed it! Easy to read. Took it on a trip to south america
on May 19, 2017
I've walked the Camino and I couldn't get into this. Not as immersive as the Alchemist
on August 8, 2017
Bought it as a gift because someone asked for, personally this author is terrible, the worst I ever read but, like I said, someone asked for it.
on July 3, 2017
Amazing tale of a journey that we all take in living our lives. It is inspiring and very, very spiritual.