Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,068 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,225 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 3, 2016
Born to the rigid caste system of Fairy Land, Zarina is seemingly fated to live her days stuffing fairy dust into bags in a dehumanizing assembly line. When she rebels and dares to question the system she is exiled. One year later she returns launching a shocking bio-terror attack, she drugs the population and steals Fairy Land's vital supply of blue fairy dust. Tinkerbell and her essentially interchangeable collection of fairy friends must battle both Zarina and her pirate horde led by a young Captain Hook (or as he was then known, Cabin Boy Hand).

OK, I'm being a bit snarky (though Tinkerbell's Pixie Hollow really seems like a terrible place to live) but that's essentially the plot.

This was a big hit with our 3 year olds. They especially liked the pirates' song and dance number. A lot of the plot is a bit too insular, based on the magical system of Pixie Hollow and it's intricate color-coded caste system for fairies. But the girls don't seem to mind.

More music and more dance and fewer discussion of fairy dust colors would be welcome, but this is a cute story for kids.
on January 24, 2017
As a stay at home mom of two small children, I have seen more children's shows than I would like. And although the pre-mom version of me would have disliked the Tinkerbell movies because of my self-perceived superb taste in films, the current me appreciates them. There is so much garbage in the children's tv world, that this movie actually manages to outshine much of it. The movie is colorful and pretty to look at, it genuinely makes me laugh at times, the music is cute, and it is fun to see some backstory to Captain Hook and the crocodile. Right now it is a favorite in our house and is preferred by my 4 year old daughter, and I don't mind that one bit. Yay!
on May 14, 2014
Disney: The Pirate Fairy caught my attention due to my previous enjoyment of watching the Secret Of The Wings last summer. Additionally, I admit that I was also curious to watch it after finding out that Christina Hendricks (Mad Men) is one of the actresses who contributed her voice to this film (for the character of Zarina). Tom Hiddleston (James Hook character) and Angelica Houston (Queen Clarion character) are also among the multiple actors/actresses that give their voices to this animated movie. This movie involves the character of Zarina eventually uses her pixie dust gifts to help out a group of pirate men after being forbidden from working with pixie dust. Zarina succeeds into putting many of the Pixie Hollow residents to sleep at the Four Seasons festival. She then carefully chooses this event to harness the magical blue pixie dust. Tinkerbell and a few of her friends manage to be among the few who are shielded from this energy and follow Zarina to see the plan she is brewing.
on October 31, 2015
This is a hilarious animated film that was all too short. A new character, Zarina, has the scientist's fascination and intense curiosity to see how things work, especially fairy dust. She does experiments, alters the dust, gets fired as a dust fairy, leaves Pixie hollow and becomes a pirate. Has a great costume. A year later she comes back , puts everyone asleep, except the usual gang from all the Tinkerbell movies, and manages to switch around all their talents. Tinkerbell becomes a water fairy, and so forth. This switching of powers is very funny. But whole movie is very funny throughout. At first Zarina is thought to be the captain of the pirates, but this turns out not to be the case. How the fairies defeat these human pirates is very funny and clever. The film is funnier than previous Tinkerbell releases and is more of an ensemble piece where Tinkerbell does not in fact have the most lines or scenes. All a group effort this time. Included two very funny vignettes of the fairies on the beach as bonus features.
on December 26, 2014
I'm a 22-year-old college student but I am a huge fan of the Tinkerbell movie series and The Pirate Fairy might be my favorite one so far!

In addition to the regular cast of characters, this movie introduces us to Zarina, a fairy with big dreams for the potential of fairy dust, but whose ideas land her in a bit of trouble with the other fairies. Sound familiar? Zarina is, in her own way, quite similar to Tinkerbell, only when her plans go awry she turns to piracy.

Some of the best parts of this film include:
* Being introduced to Captain Hook and the pirates for the first time
* Seeing more of the island including Skull Rock
* Some amazing outfits! (Zarina's outfit was designed by Project Runway winner Christian Siriano)
* A great new song sung by the pirates (including a part featuring Tom Hiddleston who voices Captain Hook)

This is a visually stunning film in the tradition of the Tinkerbell films that have come before it, with plenty of fun moments and a great storyline. If you're a fan of the previous Tinkerbell films, you'll definitely like this one.

As for the physical dvd itself, this package comes with a regular dvd as well as a blu-ray dvd and an online, digital copy that can be accessed anytime you have internet through the Disney Movies Anywhere website or app. You can also download it on the app (as I occasionally do in my iPad so I can watch when I'm traveling). Plus, if you are a fan of the Disney Movie Rewards program, the blu-ray version will score you 150 points.
on October 22, 2014
Zarina, a creative Dust Keeper fairy, performs illicit experiments with pixie dust in the privacy of her home. None of these experiments work until it is her turn to learn about the properties of the precious blue dust, which is what replenishes the Pixie Dust Tree. She is excited to find that blue dust was just the ingredient she needs to create many different kinds of dust, each color representing a different fairy “talent.” In her overenthusiasm at this discovery, she unwittingly causes an accident that destroys the Pixie Dust Depot, where she works. She flees Pixie Hollow in despair after she loses her job as a Dust Keeper. A year later, she returns to put all the Pixie Hollow citizens to sleep during a public celebration and steals the vial of blue dust. Tinker Bell and her friends, who escaped the sleeping spell, chase after Zarina to retrieve the dust. They discover that she not only joined up with a group of Never Land pirates, which includes the future Captain Hook before he was dismembered by Peter Pan, but had become their captain. Zarina plots with them to use stolen pixie dust to make their ship fly so they can travel the world beyond Never Land and plunder every country. It is up to Tinker Bell and her friends to retrieve the dust and see if they can bring Zarina to her senses before it’s too late.

The Pirate Fairy is a heartwarming movie that emphasizes the power of friendship, teamwork, and forgiveness. Despite her questionable motives, Zarina is exuberant and likeable, a welcome addition to Tink’s group of friends. The animation is breathtaking, the music catchy—especially a jaunty pirate song called “The Frigate That Flies”—and the voice work excellent. One of the fairies even bonds with the infamous tick-tock-crocodile that, in this film's time frame, is an adorable hatchling. Even though I enjoyed all the Tinker Bell movies, this one is my hands down my favorite. I hope the series continues!
on April 23, 2014
When my 3 year-old daughter requested we watch a tinkerbell movie on Netflix, I was less than ecstatic. I thought, Tinkerbell??? You don't want to watch ANYTHING else? Nope, she wanted tinkerbell, so we watched the first movie in the series. I was pleasantly surprised that it was not bad at all. Sure, it's not Harry Potter or Star Wars, but it was a good little story and my daughter was happy (and that's all that matters, right?).

Well, when this one came out, we pre-ordered it and dropped $20 bucks on it for her since she loves Tinkerbell so much. I've seen 3 of the tinkerbell movies with her, and this one was by far the best! The colors and scenery are beautiful (I especially loved the little festival at the beginning of the movie). The story was fantastic as well. My favorite part is seeing a younger Hook and baby Tick-Tock from Peter Pan... loved how the story tied into Peter pan!

I should note that even after the tenth re-watch of "Tinkerbell Arrrrrrr!" (this is what my daughter calls it), I still find that I'm enjoying myself while watching it.
on May 13, 2014
I came for Tom Hiddleston, I stayed for the fairies. I wanted to see this film because Hiddles was the voice of a young Captain Hook, and he SINGS! Oh god I just faint whenever I hear his section of "The Frigate That Flies"!

But the story isn't about the pirates of Neverland. It's about the fairies of Pixie Hollow. The gang: Tinkerbell, Vidia, Iridessa, Rosetta, Fawn and Silvermist, returns and this time they have to rescue some blue pixie dust from a renegade fairy named Zarina (who's voiced by Christina Hendricks of "Mad Men" fame). But Zarina's talent is mixing dust colors for different fairy talents and she's got a few tricks up her sleeves. Can Tink and the gang stop her? Can they redeem her? What's Captain Hook plan for the blue dust?

This very film made me a fan of the Disney Fairies. After watching it, I went to Netflix to watch the other titles in the Disney Fairies mythos: "Tinkerbell", "Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure", "Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue" and "The Secret of the Wings". I even went to YouTube to watch all the shorts (I've already read the books). And I loved them all. I realized that I'm more of a Disney Fairy girl than a Disney Princess girl, especially after being disappointed by "Brave" and "Frozen". Now it's on to buy some (age-appropriate) merchandise!

Anyway the bottom line is: these movies are good. This latest installment is a worthy addition to your collection whether it's a fairy collection, a Disney collection, or a Tom Hiddleston collection.

I look forward to "Legend of the Neverbeast"!
on April 9, 2014
I’ve never really liked the original Disney Peter Pan animated movie. Peter was mostly self-involved, the Lost Boys were ignorant thugs, and Tinker Bell was vain, vindictive, jealous, bi-polar, and perhaps slightly psychotic. All the females in Neverland (including Indians, mermaids, fairies, and Wendy) were enthralled with Peter Pan but the best a girl could strive to be was his surrogate mother. I felt sorry for Captain Hook by the end of it.
The original animated Tinker Bell is probably best remembered as a beautiful example of character design and animated fluidity and expressiveness. Her elevation to Disney mascot, however, seemed more like a corporate board room decision. Then came the new Tinker Bell series in new(ish) computer animation. They had to get it right out of the gate and almost forget the personality tics of first popular incarnation of Tinker Bell. They did that and did it very well.
I’ll give this newest movie four stars because it still maintains emotional resonance and effective story pacing… and because I find it hard to kick a project that’s so much better than most of the dreck out there, even if it’s starting to falter compared to the previous episodes in the series. This one is dark, with the first attempts at actually killing a fairy by an antagonist (if you don’t count the hawk in the first movie… and, well, the cat and rats). Tinker Bell is far from the focus… in fact she doesn’t have much to do except exposition for the audience. It also seems like the animation is missing something. The character animation looked a little “simpler”. The biggest problem is the approach of the Peter Pan storyline. This Tinker Bell would never fit that original movie treatment no matter how they wedge her in and if Peter Pan ever appears, even as a baby, that’ll be the end of our interest.
on July 21, 2014
The Pirate Fairy:
Could have been called the mad scientist fairy, if they were going for accurately describing personalities. But the pirate outfit was very cute.
The Pirate Fairy is the first Disney Fairy movie to be a musical. I had liked the other fairy movies without the singing, so I was less than thrilled at this change. However, it was not overdone, and the song on the pirate ship was quite entertaining.
All in all, I enjoyed this movie as much as the earlier installments in the franchise.

Bake Off - the mini-shorts in this free extra DVD were ok. Generally fun to watch. But Mini-Short was right. The entire dvd is around 17 minutes long. The title short is 5 minutes, the rest are between 1 minute and a minute and a half each. Not bad. But I would have been happier if the product description had included that fact.