Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Born to the rigid caste system of Fairy Land, Zarina is seemingly fated to live her days stuffing fairy dust into bags in a dehumanizing assembly line. When she rebels and dares to question the system she is exiled. One year later she returns launching a shocking bio-terror attack, she drugs the population and steals Fairy Land's vital supply of blue fairy dust. Tinkerbell and her essentially interchangeable collection of fairy friends must battle both Zarina and her pirate horde led by a young Captain Hook (or as he was then known, Cabin Boy Hand).

OK, I'm being a bit snarky (though Tinkerbell's Pixie Hollow really seems like a terrible place to live) but that's essentially the plot.

This was a big hit with our 3 year olds. They especially liked the pirates' song and dance number. A lot of the plot is a bit too insular, based on the magical system of Pixie Hollow and it's intricate color-coded caste system for fairies. But the girls don't seem to mind.

More music and more dance and fewer discussion of fairy dust colors would be welcome, but this is a cute story for kids.
on October 31, 2015
This is a hilarious animated film that was all too short. A new character, Zarina, has the scientist's fascination and intense curiosity to see how things work, especially fairy dust. She does experiments, alters the dust, gets fired as a dust fairy, leaves Pixie hollow and becomes a pirate. Has a great costume. A year later she comes back , puts everyone asleep, except the usual gang from all the Tinkerbell movies, and manages to switch around all their talents. Tinkerbell becomes a water fairy, and so forth. This switching of powers is very funny. But whole movie is very funny throughout. At first Zarina is thought to be the captain of the pirates, but this turns out not to be the case. How the fairies defeat these human pirates is very funny and clever. The film is funnier than previous Tinkerbell releases and is more of an ensemble piece where Tinkerbell does not in fact have the most lines or scenes. All a group effort this time. Included two very funny vignettes of the fairies on the beach as bonus features.
on December 26, 2014
I'm a 22-year-old college student but I am a huge fan of the Tinkerbell movie series and The Pirate Fairy might be my favorite one so far!

In addition to the regular cast of characters, this movie introduces us to Zarina, a fairy with big dreams for the potential of fairy dust, but whose ideas land her in a bit of trouble with the other fairies. Sound familiar? Zarina is, in her own way, quite similar to Tinkerbell, only when her plans go awry she turns to piracy.

Some of the best parts of this film include:
* Being introduced to Captain Hook and the pirates for the first time
* Seeing more of the island including Skull Rock
* Some amazing outfits! (Zarina's outfit was designed by Project Runway winner Christian Siriano)
* A great new song sung by the pirates (including a part featuring Tom Hiddleston who voices Captain Hook)

This is a visually stunning film in the tradition of the Tinkerbell films that have come before it, with plenty of fun moments and a great storyline. If you're a fan of the previous Tinkerbell films, you'll definitely like this one.

As for the physical dvd itself, this package comes with a regular dvd as well as a blu-ray dvd and an online, digital copy that can be accessed anytime you have internet through the Disney Movies Anywhere website or app. You can also download it on the app (as I occasionally do in my iPad so I can watch when I'm traveling). Plus, if you are a fan of the Disney Movie Rewards program, the blu-ray version will score you 150 points.
on October 22, 2014
Zarina, a creative Dust Keeper fairy, performs illicit experiments with pixie dust in the privacy of her home. None of these experiments work until it is her turn to learn about the properties of the precious blue dust, which is what replenishes the Pixie Dust Tree. She is excited to find that blue dust was just the ingredient she needs to create many different kinds of dust, each color representing a different fairy “talent.” In her overenthusiasm at this discovery, she unwittingly causes an accident that destroys the Pixie Dust Depot, where she works. She flees Pixie Hollow in despair after she loses her job as a Dust Keeper. A year later, she returns to put all the Pixie Hollow citizens to sleep during a public celebration and steals the vial of blue dust. Tinker Bell and her friends, who escaped the sleeping spell, chase after Zarina to retrieve the dust. They discover that she not only joined up with a group of Never Land pirates, which includes the future Captain Hook before he was dismembered by Peter Pan, but had become their captain. Zarina plots with them to use stolen pixie dust to make their ship fly so they can travel the world beyond Never Land and plunder every country. It is up to Tinker Bell and her friends to retrieve the dust and see if they can bring Zarina to her senses before it’s too late.

The Pirate Fairy is a heartwarming movie that emphasizes the power of friendship, teamwork, and forgiveness. Despite her questionable motives, Zarina is exuberant and likeable, a welcome addition to Tink’s group of friends. The animation is breathtaking, the music catchy—especially a jaunty pirate song called “The Frigate That Flies”—and the voice work excellent. One of the fairies even bonds with the infamous tick-tock-crocodile that, in this film's time frame, is an adorable hatchling. Even though I enjoyed all the Tinker Bell movies, this one is my hands down my favorite. I hope the series continues!
on November 3, 2017
I have recently became a Grandfather to a little girl and I have started to expand my Disney collection to include more princess and tinkerbell theme movies. This movie is so good. I am looking forward to enjoying this movie with my new "little princess".
on May 13, 2014
I came for Tom Hiddleston, I stayed for the fairies. I wanted to see this film because Hiddles was the voice of a young Captain Hook, and he SINGS! Oh god I just faint whenever I hear his section of "The Frigate That Flies"!

But the story isn't about the pirates of Neverland. It's about the fairies of Pixie Hollow. The gang: Tinkerbell, Vidia, Iridessa, Rosetta, Fawn and Silvermist, returns and this time they have to rescue some blue pixie dust from a renegade fairy named Zarina (who's voiced by Christina Hendricks of "Mad Men" fame). But Zarina's talent is mixing dust colors for different fairy talents and she's got a few tricks up her sleeves. Can Tink and the gang stop her? Can they redeem her? What's Captain Hook plan for the blue dust?

This very film made me a fan of the Disney Fairies. After watching it, I went to Netflix to watch the other titles in the Disney Fairies mythos: "Tinkerbell", "Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure", "Tinkerbell and the Great Fairy Rescue" and "The Secret of the Wings". I even went to YouTube to watch all the shorts (I've already read the books). And I loved them all. I realized that I'm more of a Disney Fairy girl than a Disney Princess girl, especially after being disappointed by "Brave" and "Frozen". Now it's on to buy some (age-appropriate) merchandise!

Anyway the bottom line is: these movies are good. This latest installment is a worthy addition to your collection whether it's a fairy collection, a Disney collection, or a Tom Hiddleston collection.

I look forward to "Legend of the Neverbeast"!
on April 9, 2014
I’ve never really liked the original Disney Peter Pan animated movie. Peter was mostly self-involved, the Lost Boys were ignorant thugs, and Tinker Bell was vain, vindictive, jealous, bi-polar, and perhaps slightly psychotic. All the females in Neverland (including Indians, mermaids, fairies, and Wendy) were enthralled with Peter Pan but the best a girl could strive to be was his surrogate mother. I felt sorry for Captain Hook by the end of it.
The original animated Tinker Bell is probably best remembered as a beautiful example of character design and animated fluidity and expressiveness. Her elevation to Disney mascot, however, seemed more like a corporate board room decision. Then came the new Tinker Bell series in new(ish) computer animation. They had to get it right out of the gate and almost forget the personality tics of first popular incarnation of Tinker Bell. They did that and did it very well.
I’ll give this newest movie four stars because it still maintains emotional resonance and effective story pacing… and because I find it hard to kick a project that’s so much better than most of the dreck out there, even if it’s starting to falter compared to the previous episodes in the series. This one is dark, with the first attempts at actually killing a fairy by an antagonist (if you don’t count the hawk in the first movie… and, well, the cat and rats). Tinker Bell is far from the focus… in fact she doesn’t have much to do except exposition for the audience. It also seems like the animation is missing something. The character animation looked a little “simpler”. The biggest problem is the approach of the Peter Pan storyline. This Tinker Bell would never fit that original movie treatment no matter how they wedge her in and if Peter Pan ever appears, even as a baby, that’ll be the end of our interest.
on July 21, 2014
The Pirate Fairy:
Could have been called the mad scientist fairy, if they were going for accurately describing personalities. But the pirate outfit was very cute.
The Pirate Fairy is the first Disney Fairy movie to be a musical. I had liked the other fairy movies without the singing, so I was less than thrilled at this change. However, it was not overdone, and the song on the pirate ship was quite entertaining.
All in all, I enjoyed this movie as much as the earlier installments in the franchise.

Bake Off - the mini-shorts in this free extra DVD were ok. Generally fun to watch. But Mini-Short was right. The entire dvd is around 17 minutes long. The title short is 5 minutes, the rest are between 1 minute and a minute and a half each. Not bad. But I would have been happier if the product description had included that fact.
on June 30, 2014
I have loved all the Tinkerbell movies until this one and have watched them over and over again with my granddaughter. So I was excited to preorder this one as a surprise for her so she could watch it with Grandma FIRST - before she saw it with Mom! What a disappointment!

While Tink did save the day and turn things around at the end of the movie, this movie was dark. The featured character (Zarina) was flat out mean and was (in fact) working for the enemy. OK. She was being duped. She thought she was in charge while she was actually being tricked. But even so - it was NOT the usual fun, happy, friendly story one expects of Tinkerbell.

In retrospect, I wish I had not bought this movie. It is the only one I own, and the only one I wish I did NOT own! So much for trying to be the Good Granny! {I also tried to buy Frozen. Ordered TWO copies of it which were to be delivered before we took Lexy home (per my Prime membership). They arrived LATE so hubby had to go to Walmart and buy one for her. Now I am stuck with an extra one. Good Granny burned twice: Frozen & The Pirate Fairy. No more shopping for DVDs on Amazon for me! Thanks for nothing, Zarina!}

Let's just sum it up this way - my daughter would not let me send it home with my granddaughter!
on May 9, 2014
We and our 4-year-old really liked this movie. The Zarina character is interesting, and encourages curiosity and exploration. As a parent of daughters, all of these Tinker Bell movies are valuable because of the primary roles of females. This movie is funny at times and has plenty of action, with a running theme of forgiveness.

A bit of caution, however. We love the other four Tinker Bell movies because of the almost total lack of violence. This movie breaks from that a bit. Throughout the second half of the movie, there are several scenes where pirates are trying to catch fairies using swords and knives. No character is a real victim of violence, per se, but if there were degrees within the G rating, this one would be closer to PG than the first four films. Still, it was not an issue for my 4-year-old. She loved it.