Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 26, 2010
Everything you need to know about running a campaign (well almost). Will save the novice a lot of mistakes and wasted time. Local campaigns often don't have professional campaign staff, this handbook can bring those volunteer staffers up to speed.
on March 27, 2014
It is a very dated book now and the skills in it are outdated because the political scene has changed so drastically.
on May 22, 2011
I was looking for a book that could deliver a detailed overview (an oxymoron?) but that's what I got!!!
Well written, well structured. At the time I bought it I was evaluating the chance of helping a candidate run for re-election. Things did'nt work out because of agenda problems, but McNamara's book gave me a conceptual framework that would have been crucial for the task.
on April 14, 2010
Great book, I have worked on lots of campaigns and this is a great book for beginners and pros alike. I bought it as a gift but started reading it on the plane and had to finish. A great primer for someone who wants to know more about running for office or someone who just wants a quick reference or second opinion.
5 people found this helpful
on February 22, 2013
A wealth of political knowledge in an easy to read paperback. A very easy to read with concise info. I've been involved in many campaigns from city council to US Senator. If I had this book I would have handed it out to all campaign staff. This book delivers.

Joe Trav
One person found this helpful
on February 18, 2012
I wasn't expecting much for a book that's $3.99 on kindle, but it was absolutely phenomenal! I have highlighted at least 33% of the book and will be referring back to it frequently. The one thing I noticed missing, however, would be a chapter or section on how politicians and their campaigns can effectively utilize social media.
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 13, 2017
useful
on December 19, 2014
A good guide for the political novice and a solid review for the pro.
on April 7, 2014
A very helpeful guide that arrived in good condition. I have referenced it several times for critical concerns and questions.
on November 19, 2015