Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 10 reviews
on November 10, 2012
If you're looking for a book that will unveil the secrecy shroud behind Apple's mega-successful products, prepare to be disappointed.

The book largely deals with the life of a somewhat successful Apple sales guy. The first half tells in overlong details each and every step he made in selling Apple products from a salesman's point of view, and it was mostly around the pre-Jobs' return era. We were never really given a reason why we should care about his life and work, and it gets tedious and repetitive quickly.

Things get mildly interesting in the last third, touching Apple's internal company politics between its higher-ups and lower divisions, but in the end the book still came out as a bitter tell-all from an employee that has worked so hard for his employers but in the end got shuffled as the company's business evolved. Except that it's not even a tell-all, as he's bound by his non-disclosure agreements.
on December 7, 2012
Why David mentions Apple by name in the preface, uses initials for some people, uses real first names in other and pseudonyms in others is beyond me. This could have been allegorical ("based on my time at Apple") or non-fiction (all of the names have been changed), but please - SJ for Steve Jobs? And I cringe with every use of Pomme Company instead of just Apple. I would think Apple legal would have better things to do than go after this author describing his time in the Apple Field Sales organization.
on November 21, 2013
This book accurately describes the culture at Apple. As a former Apple employee who was released from the company for questionable reasons after enduring patterns of abuse from multiple sources within the organization, I can attest to the pervasiveness of passive-aggression within Apple walls. Most of the people at Apple are extremely brilliant and labor selflessly to further the Apple brand. The management culture leaves much to be desired though. By the time I was finally asked to leave Apple (management had made it known that they wanted me out so I saw it coming), I had become physically ill due to the toxicity in the environment. This book helped me realize that I was not alone in my experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone who has experienced life at Apple, or to anyone considering a career at Apple.
on November 20, 2014
It was okay, I dont think I even finished it. I tend to read a lot of computer history, this one was just okay.
on November 21, 2012
This guy doesn't have an axe to grind -- merely a story to tell . A must-read for those who either love or hate Apple, and all those in between. Most
Apple books focus on product development and the head office. Sobotta tells the story of a sales staff on the regional level. This group of talented people seems to have thrived on neglect from Cupertino only to be destroyed when the big shots began to pay too much attention.
on April 9, 2014
I'm a consultant in latinamerica and remember asking David for help a couple of times. He was always willing to help. I've been following him in apple peels and love his book. I don't doubt his recollections from apple are far from reality. I highly recommend this book if you want to know about the insides Apple.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2012
I enjoyed reading this book. It gave me a good sense of how it was like working for the pomme company
on October 29, 2012
The secret in this book have been long kept by the Apple faithful or people who didn't want to suffer the scourge of Steve Jobs while he was alive. Book even contains a reference to our Trademark battle with Apple over "G3". Apple under Jobs was a ruthless company. Now that he is dead, I expect a lot of people will have their story to tell. From what I knew being there and living this story, I can say that this book is a fair and accurate account of life at the top of Apple.