Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
on February 10, 2007
I've read several books about Lester and his outlook and methods and I believe that Lester Levenson was one of the most insightful spirits to grace the American continent. As I've learned more and more about him and his philosophy, I can definitely say that he has been one of the most influential "teachers" I've ever had, and I thank him for sharing his wisdom with us. His understanding that we are all unlimited beings whose experience of life can be as unlimited as we choose to make it so long as we see, understand and embrace the central role of unconditional love in our lives ... love of self, others and everything around us ... is the keystone of a life philosophy that is changing the way I look at and experience life more and more every day. Nothing is beyond us, so long as it is based in and born of unconditional love and free of the resistence and limitations we so often impose on ourselves with our limited and negative outlooks on life. Letting go of the negative and limiting and embracing a life of limitless and unconditional love truly has and continues to transform my life completely.

This book, "The Power of Love", definitely contains more of Lester's pearls of insightful, clear and useful wisdom, and for that reason I am thankful for it's publication. It's always good to hear Lester talking about the simple and powerful truths that give us the power to completely change our lives. What more useful things can we learn than how to embrace the unlimited experience of life that has been freely given to us and is ours to accept and explore in our own individual way?

The format of this book is rather unusual, in that it is comprised mostly of the transcription of talks Lester had with his "students" (not sure what else to call them). In these transcriptions, we get to see the back and forth between Lester and those who are working to understand and apply his point of view. If you're looking for an essay like presentation by Lester, keep in mind, this is more of a free form discussion than a structured presentation of his philosophy.

Secondly, every other page of this book is blank. As I can't lay my hands on my copy of this book at the moment (I seem to have left it at work), I can't check the introductory material to see if they explain the thought behind this or not. Maybe they do. Perhaps it was done to provide us with space on which to write down our thoughts, perhaps it was done to make the book a bit thicker and less subject to damage, I'm not sure. But don't be surprised when you open this book and find every other page is blank. It's not a publishing error. Everything is there and the text flows from one page to the 'next' as it should. I've just never seen a book presented in this fashion before, so I was a little surpised.

My personal approach to studying the works of people like Lester, especially when those works are published after the person's death, is to read as much as I can of what's available, then synthesize it myself into what I believe was their overall "message". This book will definitely add to my understanding of Lester's teachings.
on December 7, 2016
Thank you so much Lester!
I LOVE YOU!
on January 23, 2016
This book is one of the shortest but sharpest self improvement books I've read ... I would think it is a must read
on June 12, 2016
Rip off.
on April 20, 2014
I am learning to use love in everything and it is helping. Anything you can apply love to is better off.
on August 30, 2013
It is extremely helpful, it makes me aware, conscious, active.

I read this again and again. Thank you, Lester Levenson.
on December 25, 2014
Very helpful book.
on September 11, 2014
Love anything that Lester writes.
on May 12, 2007
This is a fabulous book by a very special teacher. Read it. Savor it. Be it. Your life can only change for the better!
on April 26, 2006
In "The Power of Love" Lester Levenson discusses and describes the spiritual principles behind love that reveal a profound depth of wisdom. He speaks succinctly and straight to our hearts. His understanding helps us to tap into our deep center of knowledge to reveal age-old truths that are often difficult to comprehend.

Lester is an American master who lays out the spiritual path clearly using ordinary, everyday language. His style is direct such as "...love is an absolutely necessary ingredient on the path." He points out the dilemma that love is often misunderstood.

If practical answers to such questions as "What is love?" "How can one be more loving?" "Where do we get more love?" "How do we get more love?" "What prevents love?" or "How does love effect problems?" are important to you, then buy this book.

This is a book to own and savor, to be treasured, to read and reread.