Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

I got the CD and listened to it with my spouse, who grumped about having to listen to a self-help tape on a long trip. But it was spouse who kept saying, "Wow!"

We both laughed at the way Dr. Brown delivered her information, and her humor, and illustrations of what she was talking about. She was easy to understand and gave a lot of "ah HA!" moments as you listened to what the research was showing.

A few of the ideas she put out were:
>We can only love someone else to the degree we love ourselves (then she goes on to show you how this is probably so, showing parents that the things that they are negative to in their children are actually things that they find hard to accept in themselves.
>She illustrate that many of us have gotten to the point where we do not want to be hurt so badly, that we decide not to embrace the joy that we could in our lives; because we might hurt to lose it...and so live un-actualized lives.
> She shows how we numb ourselves, using food, TV, internet, social networking and other ways; just as addicts use drugs or alcohol and is so frank and honest and blunt in all of her insight that you just feel washed of your own irritation at the idiots that confound our lives.
0Comment| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 9, 2012
Thank you, Dr. Brown for presenting your research and teachings on "The Power of Vulnerability". I am deeply grateful. I write this review after only listening to five of the six CD's contained in the audio learning course! For those of you not familiar with Dr. Brown's research, I would strongly encourage you to watch her 'Ted talk' on "The Power of Vulnerability" AND "Listening to Shame."

In this voluminous audio learning six CD course, Dr. Brown (yes, it is actually Dr. Brown speaking), effectively and humorously weaves personal real life story into her research findings/teachings. Each CD takes on a subject, with eight to eleven sub topics under each subject. CD running times range each from 58 to 73 minutes.

The "Power of Vulnerability" will require deep introspect of oneself. It will make you examine your present known vulnerabilities, and for me, uncover one's I was not aware of. Are you ready for that? Are you looking to improve your emotional health? If yes, consider Dr. Brown's audio learning course a life-saving-altering-for-the-good investment.

Make no mistake; putting Dr. Brown's teachings into 'play' requires tremendous effort and self-discipline. It requires personal PRACTICE, practice that we can apply to our everyday lives. For me, it may require a life time of practice. But that's okay, because the "Power of Vulnerability" gave me hope that I can re-introduce joy into my life. For those of you under professional counseling, like me, this audio learning course may even move you further along with your cognitive based therapy. I know for me it will. Personally, I feel "The Power of Vulnerability" will give me a set of keys that will unlock those previously closed emotional doors of "authenticity," "connection," and "courage."
55 comments| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2016
LOVE THIS CD!! Brene Brown hit a home-run on this CD. She is entertaining and informative. My husband - who doesn't buy into all the self help stuff- stated that he enjoyed it and that he did learn about himself and his perfectionism. This 6 hour CD Brene Brown takes the information from Daring Greatly and Gifts on Imperfection and presents it in a very entertaining and educational format.
on January 3, 2015
Life shifting experience. I love her wisdom, her vulnerability, her research based information and most of all her sense of humor. I gifted these CD's to my team and it helped us work through sticky situations because it gave us common language (example: over functioning/ under functioning) and it depersonalized many of our human qualities while also allowing for more compassion. Her guideposts are worth paying attention to and cultivating to have a wholehearted lifestyle.
on January 19, 2018
I cried through most of the reading because the message resonated with my soul!
on December 2, 2017
Great lessons for having the courage to open up and show our authentic self. Just going along trying to fit in does not work.
on January 27, 2018
Excellent CD on an emotion we all fear but can use to our benefit. She is very easy to listen to & kept my interest throughout. I learned a tremendous amount from this real scientist, though it takes a great deal of effort to practice it!
on December 3, 2017
Brene is awesome. This is good stuff here. Will make you a better person.
on April 9, 2013
She takes shame out of its dark closet and makes us look at it head-on, unflinchingly and in many moments, uncomfortably. I learned a lot about myself. Bonus: This woman is funny! Her delivery is that of a stand-up comedian which subtly disarms you so you don't go off into la-la land during the more painful parts I.e. when you are asked to look closely at yourself. I liked it so much, I have spread the word among friends and family who no doubt have already contributed to the Amazon coffers.
on December 25, 2013
Brene is very authentic and speaks plainly in this CD. I learned a lot from this recording about dealing with shame and learning to open up more in relationships and frankly in life. She really speaks to you because she is not preaching down to the audience, but speaking as a person who walked the walk and therefore the listeners can relate to her experiences. She tells stories about her own failings in the vernacular which makes her message very authentic.