Lyft BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 9, 2012
Thank you, Dr. Brown for presenting your research and teachings on "The Power of Vulnerability". I am deeply grateful. I write this review after only listening to five of the six CD's contained in the audio learning course! For those of you not familiar with Dr. Brown's research, I would strongly encourage you to watch her 'Ted talk' on "The Power of Vulnerability" AND "Listening to Shame."

In this voluminous audio learning six CD course, Dr. Brown (yes, it is actually Dr. Brown speaking), effectively and humorously weaves personal real life story into her research findings/teachings. Each CD takes on a subject, with eight to eleven sub topics under each subject. CD running times range each from 58 to 73 minutes.

The "Power of Vulnerability" will require deep introspect of oneself. It will make you examine your present known vulnerabilities, and for me, uncover one's I was not aware of. Are you ready for that? Are you looking to improve your emotional health? If yes, consider Dr. Brown's audio learning course a life-saving-altering-for-the-good investment.

Make no mistake; putting Dr. Brown's teachings into 'play' requires tremendous effort and self-discipline. It requires personal PRACTICE, practice that we can apply to our everyday lives. For me, it may require a life time of practice. But that's okay, because the "Power of Vulnerability" gave me hope that I can re-introduce joy into my life. For those of you under professional counseling, like me, this audio learning course may even move you further along with your cognitive based therapy. I know for me it will. Personally, I feel "The Power of Vulnerability" will give me a set of keys that will unlock those previously closed emotional doors of "authenticity," "connection," and "courage."
55 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2013
First, I am so thankful Bren'e was willing to sit through hours and hours of recording sessions so that we the listener can hear her work in her voice. This collection of work captures so much of what Bren'e has worked on in her study of Shame and vulnerability. I will listen to these 6 CDs over and over again. As a marriage and family therapist I have incorporated what I have learned from this work into every hour of my professional life. It has radically improved the way I live and love.
on October 1, 2013
Brene Brown I have followed you since before you became a sensation on TED. Not only do you talk about the subjects that need to be addressed, i.e. shame, guilt, numbing, foreboding joy, you are excellent at personalizing it so that we can all relate. When your first video on TED came out I made guy I had just met watch it, and I told him if he couldn't handle things like that then we couldn't date. Well we're now married and now can better address issues and have great communication skills. I would buy every single one of Brene's books and audio tapes because they are a great resource for personal development, no matter what you are going through. Don't let the title scare you away, because vulnerability = power over your life.
on May 1, 2017
Recommend this program to everyone I meet. A wonderful meeting place of published works "I Thought It Was Just Me," "The Gifts of Imperfection," and "Daring Greatly." She is a tremendous speaker and delivers her message in an entertaining, yet educational way!
on March 27, 2014
Qualitative researchers, which this author is, are people who take a subject and get tried and tested (and real life examples) data; how the author puts it, Stories are data with a soul. This is what Dr Brene Brown has done. She has started a conversation about the topics of shame, vulnerability, authenticity and courage, which I think are missing in this world.

This audio book talks about struggles. It outlines with a list of things where we as a world typically have shortcomings and how we use that emotional state to view the world and ourselves. The author lists them out so we can see what happens when we go through tough times and what we can do to overcome the resultant damage.

I would like to say, don't look at the rating here. This audio book has some guidelines to cope with the vast intricate world that we live in. I recommend those messages to you.

Hopefully, after listening to this, you are enlightened and you view the world differently to what us as humans have defined the world to be; from the bad things and the good things that happen in this world, from point of views of us as individuals, as a community, and as a world.
on June 12, 2017
I love my Brene' Brown book on CD. The Power of Vulnerability is a great book with many good life tools.
on April 8, 2015
Its what everybody doesn't want to hear, ha ha. But needs to. Having a history of putting on a tough front, this CD was very eye opening. Brene is very confortable to listen to. Doesn't sound like some doctor's lecture or how to improve your life "lecture". She calls hersel a story teller and its within that relaxed atmosphere that she makes some very interesting points.
on June 21, 2014
My counselor recommended this book and it exceeded all expectations. The author speaks with knowledge, insight and humor. I listen to a lot of books on tape (CD) in the car and they are mostly novels. On a recent trip to Cincinnati I took this book and a novel, thinking I wouldn't be able to listen to something like this for the whole trip; but not once was I tempted to switch over to the novel. I loaned the book to my niece, but am looking forward to listening to it again.
on December 1, 2014
This CD set changed my life!! I LOVE Brene Brown! I've listened to this over and over again. There's such good information and I love her stories - It really helps me understand what she trying to convey. She's a wonderful story teller! I met her in person a few months ago and I wanted to tell her how much her work means to me but all I managed to do was cry in her face. She was so kind and caring. I was finally able to tell her thank you for sharing her gifts with the world. I have purchased this set for everyone in my family!
on November 19, 2015
Pretty much the full works from Brene' Brown.
This series was taped in front of a live audience and WAY better (in my opinion) than the written versions of her books. Because she develops the material right from the beginning through the body of her work, it makes great sense, and she can build each session upon the preceding ones. She starts with her story, goes through the work on shame and vulnerability and finishes with whole hearted living. Dr Brown is awesome speaking with a group.

If you liked one of her TED talks, you'll love this.

This series of talks may change your life.
I hope so.