Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 26, 2017
****SPOILER ALERT****
(You've Been Warned)

First read it.
Second, this book, along with MANY books that I have read come down to two things.

1. Our subconscious does 90-95% of our daily thinking. It learns through deductive, hypnotic, trance-like states. (Like when one is running, driving, or watching TV and were completely absorbed in the process. Through REPETION in a DEDUCTIVE state, you gain the POWER to change your mind.

2. Our skill set, action, or behavior is +80% of success. (Anthony Robbins and MANY others).

SOLUTION: Become completely absorbed in something you wish to become and develop the necessary skill set to execute your desires.
(Also Law of Vibration, Law of Attraction...yes it's all real.)

BUY this book, study it, apply it, and reap your greatness!

:-)
22 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 26, 2015
After reading about Cynthia Stafford's amazing lottery win and how she credited much of her success to Joseph Murphy's work, I decided to give this kindle book a try. The Power of the Subconscious Mind exceeded my expectations in many ways.

I've read a lot of LOA books, especially in the past couple of years...some good, some so-so, some just "get rich quick" schemes for the authors, or so it often seems. And when it comes to the older books on this topic, they often seem dated and not relevant for people living in today's world.

The Power of the Subconscious Mind is a winner, in all respects.

It IS extremely relevant, for anyone, at any stage in life.

It is NOT preachy, although it's obvious that the author did have strong religious beliefs, he doesn't "preach" or push a particular creed or religion at any time in this book.

His message is for everyone seeking an happy, healthier and more prosperous life. And who isn't?? ;-)

The practical advice in this book is easy to follow and powerful. Enjoyable, easy and not a chore!! A nice change from some other books on the topic I've read and gave up on.

I make it a point to re-read at least a couple of chapters, every day or two, as a good reminder and pick me up. I've had some excellent results already, following many of the suggestions in this book.

No, I haven't won 112 MILLION as Cynthia Stafford did, but I've had a lot of smaller wins so far, and not just when it comes to financial gains. As Murphy so wisely states in this book, money and prosperity ARE very important, but they are not the whole story when it comes to living a successful and happy life.

If you are debating about what LOA to buy, you won't be sorry you choose this one!

Geraldine Helen Hartman, author and top reviewer
0Comment| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 17, 2016
I came across this title while looking through older self-help titles. I have books like The Power of Positive Thinking, The Magic of Believing, The Secret, etc., and I was curious about this title by Joseph Murphy. All self-help books seem to be based on the same general principles of making a decision, see yourself achieving your goal or getting the thing you want, and then work like crazy to get it. Stay focused on the goal and don't force anything. The Universe will deliver.

This title has all that and some additional insights into belief, self-esteem, but it also explains why you might be failing at something because of wrong thinking, and how to correct it. I liked it very much. It was well-organized, and easy to read. I highly recommend it.
0Comment| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 20, 2017
Many books have been written about the subconscious mind. This classic by Dr. Murphy, remains an all-time favorite. Written in a friendly, informal style, the author gently leads the reader to a greater understanding and appreciation of the power and function of the subconscious mind. As Dr. Murphy wrote, “The secret possessed by the great men of all ages was their ability to contact and release the powers of their subconscious mind.” In this book, he explains how you can too!

Several easy-to-learn techniques for self-improvement are described. These brief techniques combine your intention, imagination, and self-suggestion—working in cooperation with the power of your subconscious mind—in ways designed to help improve nearly all areas of your life. Here is an example of one of the techniques you will learn. Dr. Murphy coined this technique, “The Three Magic Steps.” Here’s how you do it.

1. At bedtime—before you fall asleep—relax physically and mentally. Allow yourself to enter a peaceful, drowsy, state of mind.
2. While in this receptive state of mind, mentally repeat a short, positively-worded phrase that expresses your intention or desire. Slowly repeat this phrase over and over (in a lullaby-like fashion) for a few minutes.
3. Just before you drift off to sleep, imagine a friend or loved one looking directly at you. See the smiling face and hear the friendly voice offer you a sincere “Congratulations!” on the success of your intention. And then simply fall asleep.

This is not an academic treatise or scholarly review. This is an encouraging reminder of the great power that lies within you that explains how you can partner up with the subconscious mind to help create a better personal and/or professional life.

Timothy A. Storlie, PhD
Author of Transformational Daydreaming: How to Talk with Your Subconscious Mind and Daydream Your Way to a Better Life
on November 15, 2016
This was an Awesome Read..Joseph Murphy did a great job of this book. I couldn't put it down. So much resonated with me. A few years ago, I'd read a book similar by Charles Fillmore and I couldn't bring any of the manifestations into my life,because of the negative thoughts and people and my own worrying and fear and I needed help in all areas of my life...that was 8 years ago...but I'll tell you,since reading this book, so much GOOD has come into my life.. I am truly finding out Who I really am and what I can do with all this POWER inside me to manifest all that I choose..OMG..so many good things has happened to me..and my life will never be the same and with all this LOVE in my heart I know I'll never be the same either...So I radiate peace,love, happiness,good health,joy and Good Will to all who read this book and please always Think on Things that's Lovely and GOOD.
11 comment| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 15, 2017
I absolutely loved this book. I had a dream I was reading about the subconscious mind and recalled the name of the author in my dream. When I realized the author was indeed real and also wrote extensively on the subject, I felt intrigued to know why my mind revealed this to me. Ive read dozens of books on the subjects for philosophy, physics, emotional intelligence, psychology, energy, science, metaphysics, quantum physics, of the super conscious mind and subconscious mind; but this book was like a gem and came in for less than a buck. Joseph Murphy explains in great detail what your subconscious mind is, how it works, how to use it, how it can work against you if you're not careful, and how to create the life you want. I was searching for answers regarding my intuitive gifts regarding clairvoyance, claircognizance, and on intuitive empathic abilities... but wanted to know of other ways to manage any psychic sensitivities I have towards others and mainly managing negativity and negative people in a constructive way...but i wanted to understand more on the subconscious mind. I always felt that there was a special tool that could answer that. I personally don't have the heart to ever desire misery, death, or anything inhuman to others and I have an unshakeable persistence to see and feel compassion for those who feel this way and to not lose hope in helping people realize their worth in life. This book sealed the deal for me in all these areas. If you are miserable, envious, always negative, insecure with friends and with your spouses, and you condition your subconscious mind with different types of negativity, you're programming your subconscious mind to manifest that in physical form. As a man thinketh, so is he. You are what you think. The within is expressed in the without. Thoughts are a form of energy, and what you speak, act, or say manifests in physical form and it generates through the subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind is like a watchdog always on guard and a keeper of your past life and present memories. Sad to see how people often cheat themselves out of their own happiness. Most people who aren't happy with themselves turn to drugs, they envy, they murder, they steal, they gossip and calumniate others, they ruin their marriages through irrational fears and insecurities, they make themselves miserable and sick by complaining about everything, and other sorts of nonsense. Everyone can succeed in monumental ways and achieve the life they desire because the universe is limitless and eternal just like our subconscious mind and our spirit. Every person has a treasure trove within them. Do that very thing you are passionate about and release any limiting beliefs and false illusions that hold you back. If you have fears, they become self fulfilling prophecies. Some people were born to write, others were born to bring their visionary ideas into amazing architectures or as great and efficient innovations. Nikola Tesla accessed his ideas via the subconscious mind and Albert Einstein discovered his scientific breakthroughs and Michelangelo discovered new artistic masterpieces through the subconscious mind. I have always had dreams even as a kid where I'm actually learning something fairly new and to this day feel mesmerized by what comes up but always wondered where my mind was extracting psychic impressions, new learning material, ideas, answers, and solutions. This book came through a dream I had and I'm absolutely certain anybody, no matter what your concern is in life and regardless of your age or what your situation is, will benefit greatly from this book. That much I know to be true.
VINE VOICEon January 11, 2018
There are just a handful of books that have changed my outlook on life -- Dr. Joseph Murphy's "The Power of Your Subconscious Mind" is one of those. Essentially this boils down to positive thinking and a belief in a desired outcome. But if anything, it imbued me with a sense of self confidence I was lacking in my earlier years and am convinced enabled me to forge ahead to the top of my game in any field I chose to tackle.

Dr. Murphy was part of the "New Thought" movement that began in the late 19th century. The belief is (and this is just my high level summary) that an infinite intelligence oversees everything -- life, the universe, and everything -- and divinity resides in each individual. Murphy intertwines inspirational passages from the Bible, Hinduism, Daoism, and other religions with the works of great philosophers (e.g., Marcus Aurelius), and Psychology (i.e., Freud, and Jung), demonstrating this knowledge has been there for centuries and is an innate quality built within each of us.

There's the claim within that sickness is within the mind - all sickness: a cold, tuberculosis, cancer.... There are elements of this I have issues with, but there are certainly some cases where I know a depressive mindset can bring about illness. I've had it happen myself. I reason it by thinking that, yes, you can affect your immune system by being in a negative or depressive state -- but there are some instances (i.e., a child with cancer) that I can't reconcile. I do, however, realize that there are resources (doctors with the knowledge to treat such ailments) that can bring about a cure. It's just a matter of seeking out the necessary assistance when necessary. And there's also that old saying that "the doctor dresses the wound, but God heals it." Take from that what you will. Mind over matter many not be exclusive to healing, but it arguably plays a huge role.

I've read and reread this book several times over the past twenty years and it has brought me confidence and peace. It's easy to dismiss it as just more New Age garbage, but to each their own.
on November 13, 2017
EXCELLENT SELLER AND BOOK. THIS BOOK IS FOR EVERYONE TO LEARN ON BEING THEIR INDIVIDUAL SELF IN A POSITIVE ASPECT OF ALL CORNERS IN THEIR LIFE. CHANGE THE PARADIGM OLD WAY OF THINKING, TO A CONSCIOUS IN A HIGHER RESPECTFUL WAY THE WAY IT WAS TO BE IN THE BEGINNING OF HUMANITY.
on October 14, 2017
While I agree with some of the ideas shared in the book and I believe everyone should be positive and always expect the best. The reason I gave 2 stars is that:

1. No scientific proof
2. Got too religious with prayers, verses from bible and stuff
3. Lots of stories of miracles using the methods shared in the book while interesting it can give people false hope.

Good ideas and I will follow some but overall it needs work.
on January 16, 2018
I have read this book many times. This is more than a self help book, if you follow the information in it, it will change your life. It’s old school but the information is still applicable today; in fact.... it is my opinion that many of the current self help books come from this book, including the law of attraction.