BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 7, 2017
I can't believe I paid $70 by the time u added shipping for a 75 minute movie...I thought there would b several dvd's of cartoons...u don't even pay that much for an entire season of a show! Personally...I feel I was ripped off
on July 25, 2014
I am so excited that I was able to find this on Amazon! My 3 and 5 year old daughters discovered PPG long after CN(Cartoon Network) aired this show and they love it. They watch this movie religiously and now want more. The package was brand spanking new and comes with an insert. This is a definite have for PPG collectors.
on September 11, 2017
I absolutely love this movie!
on November 11, 2002
This is a movie about how the Powerpuff Girls were born, and the events that transpired to make them the super-heroine saviors of their home, Townsville. The movie is an outstanding, brilliantly animated story with "non-stop frentic action" (which is why it is rated PG) that seems to parody the entire genre of super-hero comics. The good guys always win in the end, and the bad guys go straight to jail. One of my favorite things about the TV show is that they completely skip the judicial system. All of the bad guys go directly from crime to punishment. Each of the three main characters have a distinct attitude. And most anyone can identify with one of the girls. The movie shows us how the girls came into being, and how the antagonist for the television series came into being, and a bunch of other things that explain how the world of the Powerpuff girls television show came into being.
The animation is great. It was drawn mostly by hand, with the aid of computer graphics in a few spots. The music is an amazing combination of electronic and symphonic music that matches the moods of the movie perfectly. There are some good lessons in life in the movie for little girls, and the movie is power-packed with action and fighting for little boys to enjoy. And those of us who haven't forgotten how much fun it was to be a kid can really escape in to this fantasy world created by Craig McCracken. The story is a lot of fun and consistent with the television show stories (down to the last detail). And Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup are the 3 cutest cartoon characters I have ever seen. The characters' drawings were based on the 60s posters of the little children with the huge eyes.
The one setback: no wide-screen version. Only full-screen. I wish they had more college students in the focus groups. Instead of a wide-screen version, they used the space on the DVD disk to put a feature-length director commentary, which was very interesting to watch. I really enjoyed hearing about director's thoughts as I watched the movie a second time. It also includes interviews with Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, and Mojo-Jojo and the Mayor of Townsville, which were really fun to watch (it added even more depth to the character's personalities).
This is the cutest movie I have ever seen, and I highly recommend it to anyone.
on March 27, 2013
I liked this when I was a kid. I forgot about it for a while. And now I rediscover it, and what do you know, I still love it. The animation is simple yet beautiful, the voices don't grate on your nerves as they tend to do in some cartoons, and the villain is properly sinister. A great bad guy is important for any film, and Mojo Jojo doesn't disappoint here. Even if you haven't watched or even thought about the show for a while, pick this movie up, from your library if you have to. Give it a chance. You might find out you've not quite outgrown it.
on July 16, 2016
Entertaining video. Very empowering for girls.
on September 13, 2012
Right from the opening rock song pounding through the origins of our heroes, you know this is going to be entertaining. Powerpuff Girls seems like a standard kids show, but nothing could be further from the truth. It's surprisingly adult and funny. And the action is great. The movie is just as good, if not better. I watched it on a whim while it was still in theaters and I really enjoyed it. You need to own this if you're a fan of the show.
on December 9, 2002
I wanna give this 5 stars. I want to, I really do. The movie certainly deserves it, but as many others have pointed out this is flawed perfection. The quality is fine, the sound is great, there are more than a few decent extras but there's just one teeny tiny little annoying thing about this release... IT'S NOT IN WIDESCREEN!!...<B>This origin story is a nonstop ride of great animation, a couple of thrills and chills, a few laughs and some awesome action. Not to mention some of the coolest dialogue. It elegantly introduces the three superheroes in a way that makes it easy to hop on board the powerpuff express for all the newbees while the older fanbase have lots of in-references and origin secrets to keep them smiling. Great stuff except it's NOT IN WIDESCREEN!! Sorry, but with a design like this it really loses some of the quality when you crop the sides of the image. Not to mention the framing gets all off balance. Hey, WB, here's a tip for you: Powerpuff girls target audience is NOT 5 year old girls who can't digest their saturday morning cartoons if they don't fill the hole tv screen. Contrary to what you may think their biggest audiences are MALES age 10-30 and we DON'T appreciate you slicing and dicing our favorite animated characters. PLEASE give us a speciel widescreen edition. Not this cropped and trimmed PAN & SCAN [crud]. Sheesh...
on September 1, 2017
This is the standard format not widescreen DVD version sadly. :(
on October 26, 2013
Well, when I bought the Powerpuff Girls Movie on DVD, I had never seen it. I was, however, a fan of the show. If you've seen the movie and you liked it then you should buy this I mean duh why not. If not then you should buy it if you like Powerpuff Girls it's a great movie BUY IT