Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 123 reviews
on May 28, 2015
I have read Pursuit of Holiness and next to the Bible it is the best book I have ever read and been convicted by. Some people hate the truth, so if that is you don't read this book. If, however, you love truth and are not afraid of conviction, NOT CONDEMNATION, then this book is for you.
on August 21, 2017
I re-read this some time ago, but it is just as practical as all his books! We may think that we know what godliness is, this book reminds us and leaves us with no excuses!
on June 16, 2017
My bible stud is doing this one. We just finished Jerry Bridges' The Pursuit of Holiness"... all good stuff.
on September 12, 2011
The Practice of Godliness is an excellent study of the God-like qualities we need to cultivate in our lives. Although the first few chapters are a bit too didactic, starting with chapter six it gets much more interesting as the author begins to dissect various traits (the nine fruits of the Spirit listed in the book of Galatians, as well as a few others). His examination of each character trait is thorough and thoughtful; this isn't just a theoretical discussion, but a practical study, with the author bringing it right down to where we live.

Although I felt a level of conviction when reading about every characteristic, recognizing my own lack of each one, there were naturally some that brought more conviction than others. And the trait that cut closest to the quick for me took me totally by surprise; it isn't one that I really would have expected to be such a weakness. But the author expanded his examination of it beyond the usual borders, at one point literally holding up a mirror so that I saw a shortcoming in myself that I hadn't recognized as such before. Ouch.

This book is a keeper, one that I will definitely read again.
on January 31, 2016
This is an excellent book, as are all of Mr Bridges' books. My ladies small group has done studies of three of his books and every one of them have been instrumental in growing our faith. I keep these books nearby for frequent reference and recommend to believers and non believers alike.
on September 20, 2012
Every human should think about God atleast 5 times a day... With every decision, with every action and with every word that person makes they should have God in the back of their mind influencing those choices. God is the creator of all things and it is so nice to have that daily reminder. Too many of us are too concerned with materialistic things in this life, and they forget that our actions/decisions in this life will affect our life after this. The practice of godliness shows us how to live our life to make god proud and live a more christ like life. If we focus on living our lives to be like Jesus than that will pay off in the after life. It is sad that we need a book as a reminder of this. But if someone does need a reminder or encouragment of how to live this life to the fullest than this is the book!!! It was wonderful and made perfect sense.
on October 31, 2016
This is the second one of his books I've read and I love his writing style. What he communicates in these books is clear and there's not a lot of extra fluff to wade through. I have learned so much from this one and The Pursuit of Holiness. Highly recommend this book!
on May 11, 2016
Amazing, thank you Jerry Bridges! I read a lot of Christian books and this was refreshingly different, definitely truly Biblical i content and I would like to think I am advanced in my walk, but this suites all Christians and stages.
on November 12, 2016
Great insight and easy read. Used for women's study. Recommend for every Christian. Makes you think about what true holiness is.
Terrific!
on October 18, 2008
This book is the sequel to "The Pursuit of Holiness" and is equally an incredible guide to spiritual growth. It is so rich with instruction that some chapters need to be read and reread, thought through and taken to heart. These two books will admonish you to a committed lifestyle of surrender and obedience as they reveal a sovereign and omnipotent God Who desires our fellowship, and will lavish upon us His love as He directs our path. I've bought several copies of both to give to friends who are seeking God with their whole heart and desire to walk in His Presence and under His direction.