Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on November 21, 2015
This book continues to help in my practice even after school!
on July 9, 2013
I liked the book. It is what I need to research different topics. I will recommend this book to others.
on July 26, 2013
I have talk about this book with my colleague, about how nice it was. Just like it was new book. Thank you I will shop with you again.
on January 27, 2008
Burns and Grove's book is an excellent resource for "general" referencing of all that is involved in nursing research.
on April 24, 2000
I am a senior BSN student in West Texas. We have been studying the research process as it applies to the nursing profession. Our text book we used was limited in explanation. I found Burns & Grove to be a life saver when preparing for exams and assignments. Throughout my research course I used several nursing research books as a reference book. None compared to Burns & Grove. It has explanations of the research process, theories, and statistics. You name it, it has it all. I highly recommend this book to all BSN students or anyone interested in nursing research. My only wish is this would have been the assigned text book for my class! This is one nursing book I definitely will be purchasing.
8 people found this helpful
on November 10, 2006
This text is required for my doctoral level quantitative research course.

I have been busy actively learning (actual data analysis & critique). For the first time I feel that research can become a reality. It's too bad this text did not cross my path 10 years ago as the beginning point for previous research courses. The text is not a difficult read. The excerpts from actual research and visuals keep the readers attention. I have not utilized the Evolve web site. At least 4 research texts are on my bookshelf, but this text pulls it all together. If I desire to dig deeper the references are there.
3 people found this helpful
on December 21, 2003
We used this text in a graduate nursing research course. It covers materials superficially and is not useful for planning research, especially qualitative research. The statistics section was particularly useless. While it describes many statistical tests it does not provide the information needed to actually conduct the tests nor does it compare and contrast the usefullness of one test verses another.
2 people found this helpful
on November 5, 2006
Reading about statistics in this manner- the language, crammed text, etc. is a surefire narcotic, if that's what you want. It's heavy on quantitative research and methods- and tries a little too hard to pack it all in. You might use it as a reference but realize that you will probably get a headache from reading more that 5 pages in a sitting.
2 people found this helpful
on January 9, 2007
In my grad level Nursing Research class, this book was helpful. However, I am doing qualitative research for my master's project and this book was quite lacking in this area. I would suggest if you're doing qualitative, find a different book.
5 people found this helpful
on September 28, 2008
nice and easy, simple language written to meet various levels of comprehension. Includes examples of current and recent research studies.
I like the hard cover color too a nice bright orange, really unique.