Oil month Automotive Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 18, 2017
Based on the cover I really expected a go to guide on how to do Pioneer projects like weave a basket, stitch and do patchwork etc however the book is more like a diary- where the author writes on how she was a tomboy and she enjoys doing this or that and she has this or that. The book is a small (in length) little book with ideas on subjects to dabble in different projects but its definitely now a guide to show you how. the book has few how to illustrations and has a large focus on how to cook. The book talks about how to groom and saddle a horse, making a scarecrow, predict the weather, square dance, cow milking, and panning for gold among other things. I would not recommended this book as a "guide to life".
on February 17, 2015
Great book brought me back to the days around the camp fire and craft table with my Mom and the others in our scout troop, hearing stories from her about growing up on the Farm in Wisconsin during the depression. It was nice to read about how things used to be and the rolls we were expected to play as women in society back then. Granted things in some ways are much better today but in other ways they can never be the same. I would recommend getting this book to share with the young women in your life. So much of this information has been lost most kids today would hardly believe people could or would live like this.
on June 6, 2014
My wife has alwaysbeen a big fan of Laura Ingalls Wilder as well as the Little House on the Prairie TV series. When she got this for a present she immediately began planning new crafts to attempt. I think our grandchildren will see projects from this book.
on August 1, 2014
This book's a lot of fun to read. It almost begged you to try your hand at quilt making,aprons. Good old fashion cooking back to time when life was simpler, no cell phones,faxes.computer's to distract you.Just back on your front porch invite you're friends. Do some of the things from the book you will feel like you went back in time.
on November 30, 2010
What a great little book...full of information!! I bought this book for my ten year old who loved it. We tried the rag curls the first night and was super suprised at how well they worked. Very Pleased with this book!!
on December 3, 2010
This is a very informative book. It would be perfect for someone that wanted to learn these skills that was just starting to research. It is also a great book to teach children with. It is wonderfully made. I love the textured paper. It really is full of good information that is in one place. I know that if I need to look something up that I don't need to look in several places, I need to only look in this book.
on November 29, 2013
We want to learn more about the pioneers life and travels as we are doing the series for homeschooling crafts, cooking are a major part in learning about how things were made
on October 1, 2010
I really love this book and will read it over and over! It should make you appreciate how things were back then and the things we take for granted!
on June 21, 2015
Fun read! A great book to read during the hot summer months or cold winters.
on February 3, 2009
I liked this book. Some of the projects were VERY basic, and some were pretty involved. I was a good mix! It even inspired me to try to make a quilt, which is really ugly, but I am still learning. If you have an inner prairie girl, this is a great book to have on your shelf!