Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on September 24, 2015
It is hard to judge a book that is meant to help people in such hard situations
What that book gave me is a tool to concentrate it. I think that the most important thing is that you are proactive to understand and solve the situation. So this book is a great tool.
A very important thing is that THERE ARE NOT MANY BOOKS out there that offer this content and homework at the same time.
I have done a lot of practical sessions too together with self work and I have to say that although it was a little too narrow subject for me , it has a lot of sense.
It is a start to work on Cognitive behavior therapy
But for me what it really work was to do the CBT with a therapist that gave me the tools to work. This book thu gave me the basis to understand what CBT was and if I wanted to try. I think that can be really good to start somewhere and to prepared yourself for the road of cure
I don't think I have the knowledge to criticize the weakness of the book but what I MISSED was the part that you work a little bit deeper on working on those negative thoughts. There are a lot of techniques and they are really helpful, but I couldn't really find them in this book.

Pros
- It is a really good introduction to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- It is great that there are books like that as a resource for women that are in a very isolated and critical situation
- The information together with the exercices give us a great tool to work on ourself and the situation
- is well written and easy to understand
- easy to go straight to the part that really affect you

Cons
- Feels like when you found the part that is critic for you and start reading and working on it, suddenly there is no more information on that area and you may find yourself a little frustrated.
- Could be too general
- I miss some more deep analysis of the exercises

Even I criticize it a little bit, I think is great that this book is on the market and I would buy it again.

If you want to go deeper on this subject I found really interesting the book "The Feeling Good Handbook"
Basically what I like is that it goes deeper in the area of fighting your negative thoughts and the different techniques
like, semantic method, cost benefit analysis, examine the evidences, survey methods...all this sounds complicated but are methods that can really help but you need to understand them....that is what I have missed in this book
9 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon April 25, 2016
This is helping me with therapy as well. I'll update this review when I'm through it to better reflect my opinion of the whole program. So far it's good, easy to read and navigate. I don't like the constant jumping around though. It will be talking about one thing and then mention of you have certain thoughts, emotions, etc to move to another section.
3 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on May 6, 2011
This is the essential refresher for any pregnant or new parent that has ever had cognitive behavioral therapy. I like to remain on top of my OCD, so that it doesn't get on top of me, and this book was a great help. Even though I was prepared for my anxiety to peak after giving birth, and even though I also countered it with meds, this book was a *wonderful* help to keep my thoughts and coping strategies in order. Absolutely *great* CBT ideas for anxious parents (or parents-to-be).
11 people found this helpful
on June 30, 2017
If you have anxiety at all, I highly suggest reading this. You will feel at ease. It helps you really understand and work through your issues leading up to the huge change of having a child.
on February 13, 2016
Wish I had found this book while I was in my third trimester. This has helped me so much! Totally worth it.
One person found this helpful
on November 16, 2015
Very helpful and reassuring during a tough postpartum time.
on December 12, 2016
I have always had anxiety and OCD, but it really got worse during pregnancy. This book helped me so much. I have recommended it to so many.
on February 7, 2013
Such a helpful and detail book! Suggested for anyone who has anxiety and is pregnant, really helps work though nerves and all areas of pregnancy!
One person found this helpful
on April 19, 2016
I am a nurse and I have anxiety which is a bad combination as a new mom (too much knowledge can sometimes be a bad thing!). This book was recommended by the leader of the post-partum support group I go to. It has been very helpful both with my fears regarding my baby but also in managing my anxiety regarding other areas of my life. It even helped with things I feel but didn't realize were caused by anxiety. I really do feel much better after working through this book and feel I have several new coping skills to help minimize it.
9 people found this helpful