YED Amazon Fashion MagazinestoInspire Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on September 3, 2013
After having read his work with J. Patterson on a novel and loving the twists, I ordered this one which proved to be a winner. I had trouble stopping reading at times and finished it the second day. Keep up your wonderful writing!!!!!!!!
on June 8, 2007
Howard Roughan balances reasonable well written suspense with a nearly plausable plot. What he does better than most of this rather sordid genre, is to develop characters that are real, true and believable Dr. David Rembler and Terry Garrett are among them here and their attraction is both palpable and natural. Roughan writings are way above James Patterson (to whom he seemingly owes his career and I don't particulary care for) but not in the Connelly, Coben, Crais or Lehane camp. But don't let that stop you from taking it to the beach or on a plane. It is simply good fun.
on July 19, 2015
"The Promise Of A Lie" as well as "The Up And Comer" are two wonderfully written thrillers, which proves that Howard Roughan is a terrific stand alone writer.
I hope he will write more without teaming up with James Patterson.
on January 1, 2014
From the very beginning this books captures your attention. I did not know what to expect and I was pleasantly surprised with the twists and turn of the thriller.
on November 13, 2014
I enjoyed the book, strong story line, good and likeable characters, held my attention till the surprise ending. I will read more of his.
on August 14, 2013
This author is very talented. Unique mystery kept me on the edge of my seat. Complicated plot kept me guessing. I loved it.
on December 29, 2015
Remarkable book. Would make a great movie. Tough to put down. Savor every page. The characters are very believable and some just so sinister. Love the ending.
on August 22, 2015
Roughan is one of my favorite authors. Not only The Promise of a Lie, but the novel, Honeymoon, he co-wrote with James Patterson.
on January 27, 2016
Non-memorable. Replete with cliche characters, implausible circumstances and the requisite OJ reference. Common ending.
on July 28, 2015
Didn't really get my interest. Will try again when I'm not so busy.