Lyft BCA Month Salon Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Pursuit of God
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 3, 2016
Tozer's an old-time language writer, a tweedy old Christian of tremendous faith. After each chapter is a suggested prayer that goes deep; for me it has been a life-enhancing supplement to my Bible reading. I purchase this book from time to time to give to others who I know will appreciate his approach. I hope it never goes out of print.
on August 11, 2017
I was referred to this book by the prologue in the daily devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young- this book has so much life saving principles of deep contact of the presence of our Lord- and so profound it has to be studied and practiced - for a lifetime- All christians need to read THE PURSUIT OF GOD by A.W. Tozer -Kellie Levans Rocking Fun Music tm Records & Teen Outreach
on July 10, 2014
This is the most inspiring spiritual development book I have EVER read. The Pursuit of God has completely changed how I approach my relationship with God in an amazing way.

Tozer takes the reader on a thought-provoking journey to a deeper experience with God. In his own words, "This book is a modest attempt to aid God's hungry children so to find Him" (The Pursuit of God, p. 19).

This book is not for the faint of heart: it will make you uncomfortable, challenge you, and, most of all, elicit growth in your spiritual journey. I cannot recommend it more highly.

I especially love this version from Regal ("The Definitive Classic" version) because it includes an introduction which explains Tozer's background and writing, as well as a short and fascinating biography (The Life of A.W. Tozer, at the back of the book) to help the reader get to know Tozer on a deeper level.

I absolutely love how A.W. Tozer describes his book in the preface: "There are to be found increasing numbers of persons whose religious lives are marked by a growing hunger after God Himself. They are eager for spiritual realities and will not be put off with words, nor will they be content with correct 'interpretations' of truth. They are athirst for God, and they will not be satisfied till they have drunk deep at the Fountain of Living Water" (The Pursuit of God, p. 17).
on May 1, 2017
If you are a new testament believer in Jesus as son of God, then this book will get you to where God wants you to be. Tozer is very insightful
in understanding what is happening in the current church scene. It's the old battle between Sacred and secular. And if you are a believer Mr. T points out the differences in plain easy to understand terms. And gives guidance on how to cope.
on September 8, 2017
It was a very slow start for me, but it soon became so easy to read. I think the KJV made it hard for me, but when he started writing on his own, it all came together and was very helpful. He gives very clear ways to pursue God that make excellent sense. I strongly recommend it for all who are serious about wanting a closer relationship with God.
on December 25, 2015
It's a bit hard to answer the questions above as they don't really apply to a book like this. I bought this book several months ago for myself and was so moved by it that I reread it chapter by chapter often as my nightly devotional. Regardless, of what you know, think you know or don't know at all this book is amazing and I have since bought several copies for people I care about in hopes that they are as blessed by it as I have been. I don't know about this version, but the one I have may seem a bit difficult the first go around if you don't read a lot but as you reread, which you will definitely want to do, it becomes easier t ready and understand. I personally found it to be one of the best books to fill me with hope, guide me and make me feel so connected to God!
on March 20, 2015
I liked everything in this book! It made me take a closer look at myself and indeed to go back and change some things in my life! I would like to make my life one that is acceptable to God! No more selfish thoughts and no more ways of thinking I'm better than others because of what I do but only remember that I am a man who was made by God to love Him and adore Him and to follow His ways. To be gentle, kind, loving, faithful, be filled with the Holy Spirit who will keep me filled with love, joy, goodness, patience and self-control! Loving God with my whole heart, mind, and soul! I love God, Jesus His Son and the Holy Spirit with my whole mind and soul!
on February 18, 2015
Great books seem more rewarding after I have read them several times, and this is one of them, perhaps Tozer's best. Why this version is free of charge is a mystery, but it's format is well done, and I am thankful to the group which took the time to convert the text to Kindle.
Tozer stirs the mysteries of God, and makes me want to be with Him more and more. Though he is a deep thinker, he helps me comprehend the reality of Jesus, in this readable, understandable text.
on May 22, 2013
I’ve heard A. W. Tozer quoted many times by persons I admire and respect, particularly from a spiritual standpoint. Since I hadn’t read Tozer, I decided I needed to sample his thinking and his writing. I’m glad I did.

Tozer seems to be one of those who is very intellectual but doesn’t try to pass himself off as an intellectual. So appreciated! Nonetheless, I’m grateful that he doesn’t “talk down” to the reader... that is, to treat him as if he were bereft of a lexicon. If he grasps for a word to give perfect clarity to his thought, he doesn’t hold back from using it. Again... appreciated. And his vocabulary appears to be significant.

Now, to what is important: I think I must have chosen well in The Pursuit of God. This rather short book gets right to the point in his well-chosen thoughts about the current state of modern society and its draw to modern man. So he suggests those varied ways that we can avoid the morass of the evil that pervades the culture at every turn. Succinctly, he mentions and describes the ways that each of us can focus more clearly on things of God, and how to keep Him at the forefront of our waking hours each day. All of that is to say that God, via the Christ of Calvary, MUST be the overarching focus of each of us throughout every day of our lives. He surely must have been just that for the author.

I suspect I will be reading more by A. W. Tozer.
on May 9, 2014
I recommend to all who are seeking a closer walk with God. Author explains in detail the costs involve in this glorious pursuit.