Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 828 reviews(5 star). See all 1,097 reviews
on December 3, 2017
An understated yet incredibly powerful performance by Will Smith. I wanted to watch this movie when it came out in theaters yet shied away from it because I knew the story would include some very difficult moments. And boy does it! Moments when you are the edge of your seat, just aching at the possibility that something else could go wrong, wondering how they will deal with it.

But this week, I figured, if other people have the courage to actually face being homeless with a child, how could I not have the courage to sit in my living room and watch a movie about it? Homelessness is such a huge problem in our country right now. And people who are in this struggle don't need our sympathy, they need our empathy, and for us to hope with them like we do with the characters in this film.

The soundtrack is well done, all the performances are great, and in the end, of course, it is a film about fatherhood as well as about pursuing happiness.
on December 10, 2017
Perfect movie!!! It will be so hard for the young men nowadays. Because we were living so comfortable environment. You have to suffer if you want to succeed!!

Work hard and wish the best to the people who suffered a lot.
on May 12, 2014
I have seen this movie several times & finally got around to ordering a copy for myself. I absolutely LOVE this movie, it is very heart-warming, flows in a very entertaining way & is also based on a true story. By the time Chris Gardner (played by Will Smith) realizes his dream of landing that job as a broker on Wall Street, your heart simply melts with joy for his good fortune. Watching him go through everything along the way makes for a lovely, very human story...and the ending is absolutely wonderful.
I looked him up on the 'Net after I first saw the movie & was happy to see that he has gone on to become so successful.
on June 24, 2017
Great DVD - good for watching several times. Reminds us that perseverance gets us through the tough times.
on April 17, 2016
A classic! For all those who think every homeless person that they see is a deadbeat bum. Chris worked two jobs, raised a son on his own, all the time trying to do the right thing. And he was HOMELESS!! There are many folks in the world that are a bad illness or missed paycheck or two from being out on the streets. Yes, there are bad homeless folks, and a little"crazy" homeless folks, I know a bunch of people that are crazy and bad living in a nice house in the suburbs.....
on March 10, 2017
Gave this to my son-in-law, this was a movie he needed to see. Good family movie.
on November 15, 2017
What a great story, based on a true story. Acting and casting is great!
on August 1, 2017
Loved this movie. The fact it was a true story was even better.
on February 14, 2017
The best. Heart touching and lessons taught....family film
on July 10, 2017
Good product and fast service.