Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on September 27, 2011
I'm a regular middle class guy with just enough financial knowledge to get myself in a heap of trouble without books like this. Like most people, I don't know what I don't know, and Quite Millionaire filled me in some key things I was unaware of about accumulating and protecting wealth. Like seeking a fee-only financial adviser to avoid being sold any unnecessary products. And the website provided in the book to help you find fee-only advisers in your area saved me a load of time tracking down some reputable firms. We're nearly debt-free now and on the road to rapid savings and this book, along with the advice and roadmap we'll get from whichever adviser we retain, will enable us to follow a plan to success.
Great text, easy to jump chapters if you're seeking specific information, and well written. Highly recommend it.
on August 27, 2007
If I had had this book 20 years ago, I would be in much better shape financially today having avoided foolish and ill-advised forays into questionable investments. It is not a book that explains how to buy and sell stocks and bonds or the characterization of wealthy people and their lifestyles. This is a book that explains the how and what of acquiring wealth. The Quiet Millionaire not only describes a solid financial philosophy for investment, it is also a guide thru the heady issues associated with college financial planning, business ownership, insurance, ESOP and Retirement planning. I plan to share this book with family and friends so they too may achieve their goals for financial independence and security and I highly recommend it to anyone who is serious about acquiring and preserving wealth.
on April 17, 2014
This book will help many young people but since it takes TIME and DISCIPLINE to amass a fortune for most people the younger you are the better. He talks about other issues for any age: insurance, social security, Medicare, taxes, and other items. It is a great overview of looking at the pitfalls and errors you might make and how to grasp control going forward--at most ages.
on April 8, 2014
I have read many of this type of book before but this puts everything together cleanly and its very readable. I recommend it if you want to change your paradigms about wealth and the wealthy and how to interact with your money.
on December 13, 2016