Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on March 27, 2012
The book is filled with great information and is a must have for expecting parents. I personally enjoyed the fact that the author provides examples throughout the book. Therefore, clarifying any questions I might of had. I'm an avid reader of personal finance books, mainly dividend growth investing, and was glad to see the books clear and concise writing. A lot of the time, terms are technical and specific to the industry, but this one on the other hand explains everything fairly clearly.

If you are planning on starting an RESP I suggest you read this book. Or at a minimum, read the author's website. It will ease any apprehension you may have about investing for your children's education.

PS... this book applies to Canadian residents!!

Take care,
Rob G
on October 2, 2012
Finally, this is one financial planning book with a great return on investment. We all know we need to save more to finance our kids' post secondary education. RESPs are a tricky little resource to understand, and it's worth spending the time to learn how they work. But not everyone gives a balanced perspective, and Holman does a great job. It's a quick read, and you can skip some of the chapters that don't apply to you. But worth the cost of admission; I bought the book last year, put the book aside and then this year read again the chapter on withdrawals -- and successfully got my first withdrawal this month.
on March 17, 2012
This book is written in very clear and concise language easily understood by everyone from those who know very little about RESPs to those who have done their homework/research. I found it covered all the important RESP topics, used examples to enhance understanding and even provided some invaluable tips! The tips alone will save me 10 times the cost of the book never mind the peace of mind that comes from understanding this topic well and ensuring you take full advantage of the government grants available to your children. A very satisfying purchase with out a doubt!