Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Nothing More PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 215 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 248 reviews
on June 4, 2016
Just finished reading "The Raven Mocker: Evil Returns to Cades Cove (Cades Cove Series Book 2), by Aiden James. Ghost, demons and spirits oh my. This series just gets better and scarier with each new book. Fast-paced and exciting from start to finish. Another great read by a brilliant author...looking forward to book 3.
Synopsis: "Something evil has awakened beneath a forgotten ravine in the Great Smoky Mountains. After lying in peace for centuries, an ancient deity watches….
David and Miriam Hobbs celebrate their fifteenth anniversary in Gatlinburg, unaware that a violent wraith, Allie Mae, will follow them home on a determined quest for vengeance. Having survived this harrowing experience, David’s new friend, John Running Deer, unwittingly aids the desecration of an ancient burial site while recovering Allie Mae’s remains from a sacred Cades Cove ravine.
What John hoped would be the final gesture of peace in giving her a proper burial turns out to be a terrible mistake. Now something much worse than Allie Mae is on the loose. Teutates, the ancient Gallic entity unearthed, sets out on a murderous rampage. David is called upon once more to find a way to stop the angry demon before it leaves a trail of bloodshed from Denver to the sacred ancient hills of Tennessee."
on March 28, 2015
If you like gore, this story is for you, as towards the end, there is plenty of it. The first of it, was rather dull and meandered on. It might have helped to hold my interest, if I had known the first story, as I believe this was a second book. I wasn't really getting into it. So, it took me several days, reading on and off. Then, it took a turn to the unbelievable and lost me for awhile. But, my curiosity drew me back into it.
As the last few chapters progressed, I must say that it really held my morbid interest! It was all rather weird happenings, but I could envision it all in my mind, like an Indiana Jones movie, or something! If you can stay with the blood, guts, and rolling heads, it will be well worth your gory mind's eye!
The ending was superb and suspenseful to the very last morsel. I totally enjoyed this as it finally progressed ahead.
on November 20, 2012
I, like other reviewers here had a hard time finishing Cades Cove which was book one in this series. It was really scary and I found myself unable to sleep both during and after reading it. I had the same promblem with The Raven Mocker.
Aiden James is one of those rare authors and a speical find who knows just how to scare the hell out of you and when you least expect it. The Raven Mocker picks up where the first one left off and the rollar coaster ride just gets faster and scarier. I love John Running Deer and his daughters, in fact the characters in both books are fantastic and the story is perfectly put together and leaves you guessing the outcome.
That being said I'll repaet Aiden James is just fantastic. He is like a rare gem you find and want to share with everyone.
You will not be disappointed with the Cades Cove series.
on April 25, 2016
Great book. Couldn't put it down.
on July 10, 2016
Each book in this series just keeps getting better. I thought the first book "Cades Cove" was scary, and it was, but "Raven Mocker" steps it up a notch. I was really afraid for the characters in this book. I can't wait to start the next book in this series. If you like being scared then you'll love this book. The author, Aiden James, is unmatched when it comes to scaring the reader.
on March 28, 2015
I loved book 1 and sequel books are not always as good but this is not the case with this series. The Raven Mocker Book 2 is GREAT. IT continues on where book 1 left off. An ancient evil,. released by Allie Mae, a character from book 1, is an old Indian shaman who has gone bad,and is determined to destroy all people related to those who attempted to destroy him in his first life. Yes, evil released is hard to destroy, and maybe it can't be done. I RECOMMEND THIS SERIES and hope you give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
on January 27, 2016
Great book Aiden James had me hook line and sinker!!! I love anything about Native American history and beliefs. I have seen many things that I can't explain, I have learned to just except these things. I have talked to Native American shaman about these things and was told it was up to me to understand what the spirits have brought fourth to me. So do I believe in shape sifters and spirits yes I do. Again great book edge of seat reading.
on July 20, 2016
I don't normally read th I s type of book, but it was good enough to keep me on my toes...tingling..
on November 20, 2015
Not quite as creepy as the original. A lot more bloody horror and extreme supernatural beings. The original characters continue to be developed. A few new characters are introduced Who add to the story. A good transition between the first book and what promises to be an over-the-top finale.
on May 26, 2017
I loved this one as much as book one, great how the author keeps the story flowing on, no time for loosing interested, wanted to just keep on reading till the end! Love the Cades Cove books!