Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on October 1, 2007
I finally received my copy of Jill Scott's "The Real Thing: Words and Sounds Vol. 3," and I have to say that it is the best album I have heard in the past year, with Musiq Soulchild's "Luvanmusic" coming in at a close second. This album is deep, moving, strong, building, and has the power to affect my mood in ways I didn't imagine.

The album is banging and hard-hitting. Although it contains less of the spoken word that listeners are accustomed to hearing from her, Scott surprises listeners by including several smooth raps as well as maintaining the story-telling aspects for which she is known. Musical arrangements manage to fuse jazz, funk, soul, and gospel roots seamlessly, and one song jumps to the next in logical progress. The interview Scott does on the bonus CD offers explanations to some of her songs (the soundbites that were on the sampler), and the video for "My Love" shows a vulnerable side to Jill (she starts to cry during her performance) that reminds fans she's willing to bear herself in ways that others artists cover in glitz and glam.

While I like EVERY song on the album, some of my favorites include: "Wanna Be Loved," "How It Make You Feel," "My Love," and "Come See Me."

A great buy, and something you'll be listening to for quite some time (just like her last albums)!
on April 17, 2014
One of the most tranparent , creative talented artists in a long time. Jill comes with raw " I thought it, but she said it" lyrics with the right music and vocals to back it up. This album is highly sexual... one for someone who is reflecting on things gone wrong in previous relationships or where they are right now. "So Gone" really captures the battle between the flesh and the mind...it is un sanitized and hits dead on what people can go through everyday if they are not careful.
on August 22, 2017
Awesome sauce CD🎶🎶
on November 22, 2009
To All Consumers Pondering, should I purchase or should I not purchase?

Jill Scott has done it again, and again.. and with the love of God will continue to be an inspiration to woman, especially those woman of color. I love her work so much that if another Jill fan "five finger discounts" my cd's, without fuss I replace it immediately! (haaa haaa) I have all of Jill's music and I am a true fan since 2000! Jill, I pray your strength in the Lord. Continue, on delivering music that can be felt. Your work is truly timeless.

Signed Tamara,

A Dedicated Fan of Good Music
on May 25, 2012
The product arrived safely and in relatively good shape. The content was what I had anticapated and the very reason it was ordered. I believe it can be assumed that I enjoy the DVD/CD(s). You probably have figured out that I strongly dislike being made to write these reviews. I can see reviewing a book or a product that is being tried for the first time.
on April 6, 2015
I thought it would be full videos of that album not other songs (only three) from other albums, but I love Jill Scott so...whatever. Very disappointed however.
on November 8, 2015
I LOVE JILL MUSIC.
on January 18, 2015
Jill is one of my favorite artist. Love this CD.
on January 13, 2013
Very good Cd,, but my favorite is still her first cd. I pretty much like anything she does. Buy this item if you like what you heard from Jill in the past.
on April 6, 2013
This is the second time I had to purchase this CD and it was worth it. I was able to find it at great price and it arrived in no time flat.