Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on April 1, 2012
I bought the original vinyl album back in the days when I was a freelance rock and roll writer. I am not quite sure how I ran across Taj Mahal probably heard something on the radio but decided to check out the album. There is one track on this album (yes it is also on Greatest Hits but this is the One) and it is called "Ain't Gwine to whistle Dixie any more". It starts with a bold brave whistle, a strut and ends the same way strutting out. It has a John Simon piano solo that is to die for. For me this is the track that has got me through a lot of truly hard times - just the attitude of it.
When my significant other died in 2008 I chose that tune to be played at the fuheral. He was a basketball player and one person who heard it said she could just imagine him whistling that tune and bouncing the basketball.
Of course there are quite a few other tracks too on this album. And there are good tunes and good songs and good music played. But this one track makes the price of the whole album worth every cent.
Thank you for having it available Amazon!
on June 14, 2017
Perfect. I have one of the grey cable boxes and I think one of the techs had taken it with him by mistake and the front kept falling off and exposing my cables. Used a piece of duct tape for a while, but after a couple of months of weather, it too would fall off. Frustrated, I finally decided I would pay for the stupid thing, if I could get another tech out to replace it. It works great, just buy the tool to put it on for $6. Doesnt work with just any tool
on July 1, 2008
Back in 1971 I was already a fan...based on the LP, "Natch'l Blues"...this LP saw Taj take a slightly different path albeit to the same destination...But what I remember most was the naturalness and ease of his performance, the haunting horns of Howard Johnson...and the lilting guitar work of John Hall (of the band, Orleans)...his solo on the tune "Ain't Gwine To Whistle Dixie No More"...stays with me still...I can still see them up there on the old Fillmore East stage...a temple to me and others like me from my generation....a brilliant set, by a brilliant artist and a pack of excellent musicians. I was there with my bud, Steve and we both were captivated by the sounds and the spirit of the night...I was also there when John Mayall recorded the genre-defining lp, the "Turning Point"...and both of these concerts remain to be highpoints of my musical youth. Buy it....you will not be disappointed...unless you are soul-less.
Vince DeLucia
on December 31, 2015
My favorite Taj album - TUBAs that rock. Didn't get delivered to my friends and I don't know how I'll ever find it, but the album is sterling.
on March 29, 2015
I wanted to lock my cable box. I already had the locking terminator tool, so this fit the bill nicely.
on October 1, 2016
His best by far.
on June 29, 2016
Excellent!
on February 8, 2017
Thank You.
on August 8, 2001
I completely wore out my original double LP album listening to The Real Thing. And "REAL" it is. This is my favorite Taj Mahal album and one of the top five of my favorite blues albums of all time, considering that my Blues LP and CD collection exceeds 350 albums. The ochestration of traditonal blues songs played with by a typical blues band coupled with the backing brass section of Mr. Howard Johnson and friends, is more powerful than a B-52 air raid. I'm going to purchase a second copy of this album for my archives because I know I'll wear out this CD before long.
on February 14, 2015
not even close to 'Like New' - decent more like Good or Very Good (-)