Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$4.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 113 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 199 reviews
on December 21, 2014
I admit that I watched this movie because I'm a fan of David Morrissey, who played The Governor in Season 3-4 of The Walking Dead. The movie is good, though it is slow moving...which really isn't uncommon with any movie that has a religious theme to it. However, the ending was a surprise, and it gets points for that. There are not many movies that surprise me. This movie leads you along, and you think you have an idea of how it is going to end...and it doesn't end that way.

Movies that use religious themes are always going to earn more criticism than your normal movie. Therefore, if people are touchy about religion one way or the other, this movie may not be for you. As for Morrissey, I wish his part was more developed. He was good, but he didn't quite have the presence as he does as The Governor. Still, it was a pleasant way to pass the time.
on November 14, 2016
I typically do not watch that many scary mystery / horror movies; but this was a really good movie. It had a steady flow to the movie, I never got bored, it will keep your attention right up to the final minute. There is no gore in this movie, but implied, which can sometimes make the movie even better as you are forced to focus on the theme vs. distractions.
on October 26, 2016
Really good supernatural/horror movie. The acting was good and Hilary Swank was great. I gave it a four since I really liked it. The movie may be kind of Biblical in a twisted sort of way. However, with this viewer I was happy with the outcome. I may seem cryptic but I don't want to give any of the plot away.
on January 23, 2011
I personally liked this movie despite the negative reviews it was nice to watch a horror film with an entirely different and sinister story line. I surely would not take it to church and watch it either folks but this is not about religion it is only entertainment nothing is to be taken out of context from movies, games, or music really people should not view these things as tools to influence others because they really do not have that intent with the exception of a documentary or reality type TV people must not take things as serious as they do. I think the problem with this world is that someone says or does something without the intent to cause any harm mentally and then some person takes it to heart a bit too much and this causes triggers a violent reaction. I can not stress enough it is only entertainment if you watch a horror movie it is not the intent to worship the devil it is just the intent to be scared or entertained no different then riding that roller coaster at an amusement park. And this movie is a good entertaining horror flick maybe not what you would expect but I think that's what provided me the good vibe for this movie was the fact that it was totally different then what I had expected and the effects were rather interesting.
on March 14, 2014
It's a good movie, I like the part that the little girl is like...some kind of angel. When I first saw this movie until the end I thought she was something entirely different but turns out she's a little angel in disguise or at least that's what I took from this movie, I could be wrong so don't take my word for it. But this is a very different story line than the average, I did not like the whole kill the second born children thing. I love that the main characters faith in God is restored and she finds the faith and courage to do whats right and to recognize whats right.
on May 29, 2017
I loved this movie! Some of it was predictable, but it had a twisted twist at the end. I enjoyed watching it, one of those that I didn't want to miss anything, I suppose the word is riveting.
on June 15, 2015
I actually really liked this movie. I'm suprised by some of the really negative reviews. I thought Hillary Swank's performance was amazing and was a big reason I liked this movie so much. She was beautiful and really perfect in the roll. I loved the story, really original and a refreshing change from some of the same old same old you start to get with horror movies. I did not see the twist coming towards the end, and then it twists again. Really more than you usually get from a horror movie. The ending got a little fantastical but all in all a really great movie. Not just entertaining, really engaging and riveting.
on April 4, 2017
Great Biblical horror flick that is not cheesy and holds up to other great movies of its genre.
on June 7, 2017
This movie is really good kept me interested and the ending is unexpected
on June 18, 2017