Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 27, 2012
I'm not big on full-throated endorsements but if your business has anything to do with email marketing (if it doesn't that's another issue altogether) there's something in The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing for you. Whether you're a marketing VP or coordinator, a copywriter or designer, you'll find nuggets of intel that will leave your copy of the book broken-spined and dog-eared.

I also have to give Waldow and Falls props for how they close the book as well. First, they poll four venerable email experts on the future of the channel. Next, taking Nike's advice to "Just Do It" a step further, Rebel's Guide leaves you with an actionable four-step list (with due dates!) for you to kickstart your email program.

Like a true manual, The Rebel's Guide will serve as a continuing resource not simply by telling you what you should and shouldn't do with your email marketing campaigns. Rather it provides the frameworks you can make your own and reminds you that only by testing with your audience will you know for certain. Take to heart the book's golden rule -- best practices are practices tht work best for your subscribers. This is valuable advice for email marketing and beyond.

How are you using email in your marketing mix? If you need to shake things up, look no further than The Rebel's Guide to Email Marketing.

You can read my full review here: [...]
on October 14, 2012
I know the title says "Rebel's" Guide to Email Marketing. But I would say this is just a very solid, helpful guide. Yes, there are instances where the authors discuss options that are not particularly mainstream, but these options are not as much rebellious as they just may work for some readers. And if they do work, then the only real gauge of successful email marketing is RESULTS, not whether you're doing it like the other guys. In my view, email marketing is a mixture of art, science and persistence...and all three are addressed in this book.

I like their approach: loaded with important facts and examples delivered in a very friendly, conversational way.

Kudos to DJ who responded very quickly to an email I sent him about "open rates." He was very helpful and pointed me to further info.
on November 10, 2012
This is a must-read for anyone who maintains an email marketing list. It offers some brilliant ideas regarding giving your webiste visitors an incentive to Opt-In to your regular email newsletter, maintaining customer contact, and promoting repeat business on a massive scale with minimal effort. "It's all about the list"... and so many businesses overlook the golden opportunity of Opt-In email marketing to people who have visited your website and say "Yes, I would like to be on your email list".
on January 9, 2013
I have such a marketing crush on this guy. And this book. When I started YourDailySuccessTip.com, I came armed with marketing expertise of my own but grabbed his book after a recommendation from social media guru Peter Shankman. Completely rethought a lot of what we were doing and it has added so much more to our campaign not to mention growing our list. This book is a must read (as well as his website and Twitter feed) for anyone who uses or wants to use email marketing for their business.
on August 30, 2012
The Rebel's Guide delivered original, actionable ideas that I had heard about but hadn't fully understood. The style and organization was very example-heavy, which makes it easier to relate to the lessons (and also to see where you might be able to implement the same strategy yourself). DJ and Jason also made sure to continually circle back to earlier topics (and on a Kindle, that's helpful, because it isn't easy to flip back a few chapters). The reinforcement made the ideas stick, and some case studies became "characters" within the book, so once they re-introduced someone, you already had a background on previous success and were excited to see what happened next. That was probably my favorite part of this book, and unique to other marketing books I've read.

Another great aspect of The Rebel's Guide is that it's easy enough for a novice to understand, yet still has plenty of advice for seasoned pro's who are looking to do things a little differently...for me, as I was reading The Rebel's Guide my head was spinning with new ideas for 3 of my own clients in various stages of list growth, segmentation and design.

Well done, DJ and Jason, thank you for being such valuable members to the email marketing community!!
22 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 3, 2013
Just starting out with email marketing and this really helped me get a good start.
Haven't finished it yet but already learning and applying. Don't wait till you know everything. Learn along the way!
-[...]
on December 31, 2012
As an email marketer, I wish I had discovered this book sooner. You can apply this information immediately. As a result of this book I have listened to a number of great podcast/interviews with the authors.
on September 3, 2012
I often buy books to challenge my thinking on a subject. The Rebels Guide to Email Marketing challenged just about everything I thought I knew about email marketing! You think that I may have been in a rut? DJ and Jason provide concise and actionable advice in every chapter. This great little book will surely give your email marketing a boost!
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 17, 2012
I read this book and another one titled "how to go global" both at the same time and the combination made it possible to launch email marketing and international expansion at the same time. This book shows many useful tips and I am certain people will find it very useful when planning email marketing campaigns. Written by real experts in easy to read style, I highly recommend it!
on November 26, 2012
If you are a little into marketing or starting a small company or needs to generate leads, this might be the best book for achieving these goals by emails.