BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Women's Coat Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on November 29, 2015
Had been loaned this book, had to buy my own. Very funny, with satirical notations by "George Bush". A fun read for republican skeptics during an election year!
on October 5, 2016
Borowitz is the best. Very insightful yet funny
on March 13, 2016
You'll laugh until you have tears in your eyes. Unless you're a Bush I guess.
on December 29, 2015
Fun read with just the right amount of snark! Bet it's closer to truth than satire.
on October 5, 2006
Andy Borowitz is a genius of political satire! I ordered "The Republican Playbook" and Frank Rich's "The Greatest Story Ever Sold" at the same time. One is fiction, one is non-fiction. One makes me laugh, one makes me cry.

Although this book skewers Republicans, Andy is an equal opportunity satirist. You can subscribe to The Borowitz Report, a daily dose of topical humor, at borowitzreport.com.
on November 2, 2006
I am not the type of person who writes rave reviews or complimentary letters to authors but, for Andy Borowitz, I have to make an exception.

I found this book, despite the dark and sinister subject matter, to be light, very funny and very politically astute. Andy Borowitz has the ability to take a serious subject and turn it, with great humor and guile, into a romp. His intent is never in doubt though. This man has serious things to say about our political situation in this wonderful little book and the world situation as well in his daily columns. But let me quote what I wrote directly to Andy (with some minor additions and deletions):

I LOVED your book. I bought three copies and sent two to my friends (one wavering Republican and one rabidly anti-Administration friend in Oregon, a blazing Democratic liberal) and they both loved it, too. (By the way, we have the Republican among us teetering on the edge!! She has informed me that she will NOT vote for the Republican candidate for the Senate in Virginia.) The third copy was mine but, after reading it, I couldn't resist sending it on to a very conservative college classmate (class of '56!) but I haven't heard from him yet. All the more complimentary to you, he'll probably HATE it!!!

Even though the election of 2006 will be over in a few days, this little book will remain a treasure as long as good people everywhere enjoy a good laugh over very serious matters. You could do a lot worse with an $11 investment! Buy this book and encourage your family and friends to do the same. You won't be sorry.
on October 10, 2006
but it is a tragicomedy. The manipulation and betrayal of American voters may not seem hilarious, but Borowitz shows us humor galore there.

If your attention span is like our president's, this collection of sketches may be read in several um sittings.

Although authors Lee Atwater and Karl Rove are not properly credited, you can learn something while laughing with, or at, this book.

Maybe you already suspected that for such clever masters of the universe, our rulers are a little slow, but having it confirmed without provoking depression is a therapeutic breakthrough -- and for a fraction of the price of psychoanalysis.

I can't wait for the Democratic sequel. If only Borowitz could organize that material.
on October 10, 2006
This is a slightly edited copy of mail I sent to Andy Borowitz. I seriously needed and loved this book. Please take a chance and buy it. As I said, above, it might save your life. Or at least your mental health!

Andy,

I sent a copy of your book to someone for their birthday, messed up the address part on Amazon and the book came to me (I did go back on Amazon and made sure that the birthday person got their own copy!). I am really glad that I made that first mistake, however. I have been reading MY copy and it is very smart, very funny, and almost frighteningly prescient. Especially the October surprise #2! You are soooo good. Instead of sinking into dispair (which is what I have done) over the whole Bush mess, especially the war, you made something sharp and poisonously funny from it. Oh, yeah. I am going to vote (much good it will do me in Idaho) but, no matter how the whole 2006 election turns out, I think I can continue to see the irony of the whole thing...now that you showed it to me. THANK YOU!!!
on December 8, 2006
Andy Borowitz' wit and sparkling intelligence shine through in this charming and satisfying book. Turn to any page, and, before you know it, you will be laughing out loud, and, at the same time, feel somehow wiser. The book is a delight. I have bought numerous copies and given it to all of my friends.
on January 4, 2007
If this is the kind of book you like, then you will like this book. Borowitz is the Mark Twain of our time. Everything he writes is funny and thought provoking in a good way.