Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 21, 2017
The Resilience Factor was recommended to me in an ABA lecture titled "Career Advice Series: Lawyer Resilience and Grit: How to Thrive as a Lawyer" by Dr. Larry RIchard because so many lawyers are not equipped psychologically to survive legal practice and often burn out. The Resilience factor gives you a set of techniques to handle difficult situations in both the short term and in the long term. The techniques require work but will provide relief. Like all things...you have to do the work. There are a number of worksheets that assist doing these techniques both in the book and online so there is really no excuses.

The Resilience Factor gives you a set of about seven techniques. Most of the techniques come from Cognitive Behaviour Theraphy (CBT) and are a concise summary of those techniques. These techniques should be taught in school to high stress professions like law, law enforcement, and are critical for your survival on the job.
on June 27, 2015
Changed my life. The best book I have read in a long time. It actually gives you tools to use to better your resilience, it does not only tell you about it, which I really appreciate. I would recommend this book to anyone.
on January 23, 2016
Nice technical review of how to be more resilient when faced with adversity.
on October 20, 2015
Excellent!
on May 14, 2016
This book is for anyone who wants to get better control over their life in terms of being happier and more productive.
on December 18, 2012
i bought this during a troubled time in my life, and it was very helpful. All was not lost, and this book facilitated in my refocusing on me finally, and not those that were taking advantage of me.
4 helpful votes
on February 11, 2014
As a parent I find this book an invaluable resource for teaching my children 'resilience'. I also like the critical thinking skills that accompany each of the seven stages.
on July 8, 2013
Not always the easiest read, but such a significant topic. Read this slowly and it will make a difference in your life.
on February 19, 2016
Good read for management and transitioning into the full release of your team's potential
on November 3, 2006
It is important to have hope and create hope in others and I feel Karen Reivich accomplished this in her book. It defines and clarafies an attitude and an ability that can help many find a way out of depression, a "funk" or "the blues". I have recommended it to many of my patients. JGC, MD practicing psychotherapist
7 helpful votes