Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Shop Now STEM

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 52 reviews
on June 9, 2007
I bought the Cookbook after a couple of months of already doing the Rice Diet. There are not a lot of recipes in it that I use (I'm a "fussy eater") but it gives me great ideas for making my own creations. I lost 42 lbs in less than 4 months on the Rice Diet, and I'm still going. If you're looking to lose weight, or just want to eat healthier, and you like an array of foods, this will be a fantastic book for you!
on February 13, 2014
What kind of recipes would you think would be the primary focus of "The Rice Diet Cookbook"? Guess again. Disappointed enough to return the book? No, but definitely not what I expected, which was a book that focused exclusively on rice recipes.
on May 5, 2012
As a cookbook writer myself (Chicken Soups From Around The World) I was thinking of writing a book about dieting based on rice and thought I'd check out what other efforts had been done. Usually, diet books have good advice but boring recipes, especially from an international standpoint. I was blown away with the nutritional information, psychological insights into dieting, and wonderful recipes that this book contains. Along with its companion book, THE RICE DIET SOLUTION, I've found this book to be a truly inspirational guide in losing weight and improving my well-being. By adapting the authors' suggestions to my own preferences, I've already lost 10 pounds in less than a month without having to be overly confined in my daily food intake routine. I recommend this book highly. I decided that I couldn't do any better. Also feel free to check out my cookbook as follows: Chicken Soups From Around The World
on March 18, 2013
this dear gal with an RD etc behind her name does not know the basics of holistics--sees no difference btn sodium chloride and Celtic/Himalayan salt, no light on digestive enzymes, artificial sweeteners and pasteurized dairy products to name a few of the more glaring. Very disappointing if you are into healthy foods.
on September 2, 2008
Buy the Rice Diet Cookbook, not the original Rice Diet book. The cookbook is more to the point and includes more recipes. I have to agree with other reviews that state that the Rice Diet book was not well written, very hard to follow. This has it all. And it is a good plan.
on February 18, 2012
I have only been on the diet for 2 weeks and it actually works!! I have about 35 lbs to lose, and lost 4 lbs the first week. It looks like weight loss will be around 3-4 lbs for the 2nd week too. I have been on so many diets in the past. The thing that makes this work, is that it is a simple regimen to follow, no guesswork, just follow the daily plan for food portions. The starch servings allowed at each meal keep me from getting hungry....and also give my body energy. I am glad that I bought this book instead of The Rice Diet Solution. Other reviewers said that the other book contained all kinds of eastern religious stuff. This book has some of that focus also. I have read some of the original writings of Dr. Kempner, and never saw anything on that type of spiritual focus mentioned. I am sure that Dr. Kempner never intended for his diet plan to have that focus.....and it is too bad that they had to include that in this book. But if you follow the diet plan....it does work!
on July 28, 2013
I rated this four stars..I found the recipes easy to cook with "normal" ingredients; nothing exotic. The taste of the dishes were really good and I did not get hungry. This is a life style change, not just a diet. It takes a bit to firmly commit your mind and remember what you are eating, and really think about just exactly what you are eating and why.
on September 14, 2015
This book is done very well. Not just chapter after chapter of theories & stuff with not much in recipes & usefulness like many diet cookbooks I've seen. Also, I know the rice diet is one Dr.'s like, so it's healthy enough for people to do, unlike fad diets. This is a good buy even if not for a diet. The recipes give you enough variety to stretch rice farther than you thought, keeping food bills lower, using more veggies in your meals without feeling like it so that even non-veggie lovers will even be ok with eating in a healthy way. Kind of a healthier comfort food recipe collection.
on July 4, 2008
This book is extremely helpful for us and we are using the Rice diet as our way to loose and maintain our weight loss. So far much better and much much healthier than any other diets I have ever done (which include many). Highly recommended for those that are interested or curious on being healthy the simple way. I am not a physician but I know the struggle I have had for years with anckle swelling and gaining too much weight. Now I have a book + to guide me. Thank you to this wonderful author and the Amazon service for make it available.The Rice Diet Cookbook: 150 Easy, Everyday Recipes and Inspirational Success Stories from the Rice DietProgram Community
on August 30, 2015
The diet isn't one I would follow but it does contain sound diet information. I am a vegetarian & would probably use or modify some of the recipes. I bought this as a used book & it was in very good condition. Hardly looked like it was used at all. It arrived very quickly, too.