Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on June 27, 2014
It was a very good buy for the money, and made a very good gift for some one who is interested in collecting any specific type of Winchester Model 70 rifles. These books are collector books themselves, even when printed new, and the used book market for them keeps going up.

I think that the book is the very best one on Winchester Model 70 rifles, and any Winchester Model 70 collector needs one if wanting to be serious about collecting them. I went too long before getting one for myself. After I got mine, and had not even finished reading it, when I knew that my collector friend needed one, even more than I did. He had told me several times before that he did not need this book at all since he already knew every thing he needed to know about Model 70s. After receiving this gift, and after he just started to skim through it, he called me to tell me how much he liked it, and that he had already learned much more than he already knew. He told me that it had already given him a lot better idea what each Model 70 in his collection is worth, and what to lookout for in rare Pre 64 Model 70s that are up for sale, that have might have been changed to increase their value.

He told me that he would never part with this book as long as he continues to collect Pre 64 Model 70s, and I sure won't ever part with the one I now own.
3 helpful votes
on October 26, 2017
Book is loaded with information and well worth 100 bucks in my opinion, the photos are a plus and though they are in B&W they are fine by me and of a quality that I would expect in a paperback. For me, the print is with a 100 bucks without the photo's and I'm glad I run across this book.
on May 20, 2016
A hundred bucks is a lot of scratch for a paperback book but it was worth every penny to me. I had been looking for a M70 Featherweight built in my birth month and year but was never sure that the production info I was referencing was accurate. This book has a chart that details all M70 production by serial number range by month and year. I was able to find the rifle I was looking for in near original condition in 243 out in Mississippi and just bought it. It also provides great detail on how the guns were equipped during given production time frames so you can confirm you're getting an honest and straight deal when you're thinking about dropping a couple grand on a sixty or seventy year old rifle.

A great investment for M70 lovers that want to make sure they know what they are looking at. Highly recommended.
on October 27, 2014
My Husband bought this book. He has the hardcover edition which ran around $400 and he was reading it all the time and leaving it where kids had access to it. I suggested buying this paper edition which is still expensive, but according to him, "well worth it." Even though it was still expensive, he has enjoyed having a lesser priced one so that he can highlight items and leav it out without worrying that a child might damage it.
3 helpful votes
on May 1, 2017
A must have for any person that uses, collects, hunts or just shoots Pre 1964 Winchesters. Loaded with valuable information in order to ascertain value and originality of rifles.
on January 3, 2016
A great reference book on the pre-64 Winchester Model 70 rifle. It contains a wealth of information along with photos and original manufacturer documents. And although it is primarily a research tool I found reading it very interesting. The only thing missing that I would have included if I wrote this would be a chapter on those hunters and writers who used the rifle and their experiences with it.
on December 18, 2012
I've wanted to add this book to my reference library for quite some time and just now got around to doing it. It's everything I had heard about it! My ONLY negative, and I don't know if this is something that is only in the reprint or is also in the original printing, is the quality of the black and white photographs. The color pic's are great but the B&W are lacking in detail. The text is easy reading and understandable. A necessary reference book for the Winchester collector and well worth the price. I only wish I had gotten the original when they were available.
on February 26, 2014
Lots of good info in this one. A working copy not necessarily meant for the collector, although thispaper back book is very nice.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on June 16, 2012
I own and have read this book many times. It is pricey , but I have never regretted buying it as the detail of the contents and research is truly amazing and something to behold

If one wants to purchase a pre-64 model 70 this book is very helpful in knowing what exactly the rifle should be like if it is in original unaltered state, which is what makes a pre-64 the most special

Excellent Job Mr. Rule with the writing of this book!
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 5, 2017
good
1 helpful vote