Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 59 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 120 reviews
on February 20, 2012
"It's ok" defintely describes how I felt about The River Knows. After reading the sample chapter, I was greatly anticipating reading the full story, and promptly signed myself up on the request list at the library. Who doesn't want to read a thriller where the heroine fakes her own death?

Sadly, while several exciting and suspenseful elements are introduced throughout the novel, none of these elements are developed to their full potential, leaving this reader with a sense of letdown once I finally finished the book. As the villian is introduced, he truly seems like quite the scoundrel, yet he never seems to fully come alive as an evil man; the surprise second villian, who makes an unexpected appearance 3/4 of the way through the book leads the plot on an interesting twist, but again, Quick introduces this character and just sort of lets him dangle along without any real development.

Even with the love story, Anthony and Louisa just seem to roll along. Oh sure, there are a few obstacles placed in their path, but neither has any real emotional hang-up to overcome, and even the faked death - the thrilling beginning of the story! - is merely passed over, almost as an afterthought.

The story did keep me engrossed, sort of, but did not leave me wanting more. Not my favorite Quick novel, and while I didn't hate it, I wouldn't recommend it to fellow readers.
on August 15, 2014
I'm reading it now and will pass it on to my sister-in-law who will probably love it also. A romance kindles as a maiden not of the Victorian society and a man of the society get together to find a killer. Finding things in common as they search little sparks are turning into a flame. I'll stop there because I am still reading this book. Hard to put down as the story flows and unwinds
on August 6, 2014
What an entertaining read this was! I was hooked from the first page! The hero, heroine and plot were original and interesting; the dialog and actions of the characters, believable, yet, surprising at times.
Ms. Krentz is one of my favorite authors, and I often re-read her novels. Give "The River Knows", a chance. I hope you enjoy her writing as much as I do!
on April 21, 2017
I know I like a book when I want find the time to read it in a few days.
on July 18, 2017
I like ALL of her books and have hard copies of them. They are now easier to read on my Kindle, so I'm slowly re-purchasing them for Kindle!
on July 26, 2017
Enjoyed reading. Meet expectations
on August 7, 2014
Four stars rating for a gently rollicking story that educates the reader about Regency England, women's rights at the time, law enforcement between the social classes and justice served one way or another. I always enjoy Amanda Quick novels for the interesting characters and tidy plot twists. Louisa and Anthony are both outliers in polite society. Unshackled by their refusal to abide by society strictures, they pursue clues at every level from the ballroom to the brothel. Of course romance ensues and the villains are caught. A fast read with a satisfying climax. Enjoy!
on March 10, 2015
Amanda Quick is one of my favorite authors . I have read nearly all of her books and have enjoyed them all . But this one fell flat for me and I wish I hadn't paid $7.99 for it.
on March 27, 2017
Great book, great author, speedy delivery thank you
on February 3, 2014
This book was great and was all dialogue! So refreshing to read a book that the characters actually speak to each other and you just don't read about feelings they are assuming about each other. This story was really good. I loved the murder, mystery, and romance in this historical romance novel. I do wish the romance and sex was more than it was, but the story was good enough to overlook the lack of sex.

I listened to this book as I read along and the narration was one of the best! I love Katherine Kellgren she is fantastic!