Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

The Road To Here
Format: Audio CD|Change

on March 20, 2014
I found Little Big Town in 2013. I had been hearing "Good As Gone" & "Little White Church" in karaoke bars but had no knowledge of the group or how good they were. "Pontoon" hitting number one had a major impact! Suddenly, they were superstars headlining the Tornado tour. When I found out they were appearing at the Ryman, I got my ticket before it sold out.

I see ABBA in Little Big Town! Two guys, two girls. A blonde and a brunette. Blonde Kimberly Schlapman sings high. Dark-haired Karen Fairchild sings low. Jimi Westbrook and Phillip Sweet complete the 4-part harmony that makes the group special. They have 5 albums dating back to 2002. They write much of their own material, and every song is a good one! Jimi and Phillip play rhythm guitar.

There are great songs on "The Road To Here."

1 "GOOD AS GONE" has a video. Fairchild comes up the sidewalk to a hotel. She bursts into the room and tosses her cheater on the bed. The 4 convene on the rooftop to finish the song.

2 "MEAN STREAK" - Although Fairchild is getting the hits, Kimberly has her share of great songs. LBT albums run deep, and "Mean Streak" is an interesting cut." I wonder why the woman in this song stays with this man. Maybe it is because women love guys who abuse them as long as it does not get out of hand. Women can enjoy playing the victim. Kimberly looks and sounds like Dolly Parton and names her as an influence. "Mean Streak" has that haunting harmony. The dude here is cold as concrete, tough as a backstreet, like a frat boy at hell week, rough as a dry creek, sharp as a hawk's beak, coming fast as a stampede, hard as an oak tree, mad as a queen bee, hot as Mojave, tight as a kite string, bad as a black sheep. How does she put up with it?

3 "WOUNDED" - LBT is the hardest working group in country music. It seems every day I find something by them on youtube I have not seen. Dominant Karen and submissive Kimberly are music's most dynamic one-two punch since Swedish Agnetha and Norwegian Frida.

4 "BONES" - It starts with "What goes around, comes around," I hear my uncle James. Some finger pointing! A technique they use at the end of certain songs is to return to the opening lines.
on August 21, 2017
Very popular group, a great CD as a gift.. one for a friend, one for myself. Enjoyable, upbeat, great harmony. I am not usually a huge fan of country music, though I enjoy all kinds of music. This was a great buy.
on February 21, 2015
I have been a little big town fan for a long time and I loved hearing boondocks on the radio. When I looked up the song, I took some previews of the other tracks and dicided to get the whole album. I was not disappointed. This album really has a wonderful variety of country songs and little big town graces each with there amazing vocals and soulful style.

My favorite tracks are

Boondocks, a backwoods anthem for all those who are in the backwoods

Good as gone, a catchy upbeat getting over you song

Looking for a reason, kinda feels like a prequel to good as gone. Just as catchy

Welcome to the family. I laughed when I heard this all the way through the first time. Very funny and I can see how this could be true as well.

Bones
Darker slower song but love the vocals

All in all this album is amazing and little big town brings it again. Even if you have not been a fan in the past. Give this one a listen. It is worth ever penny.
on June 29, 2017
Love the Artist. I like that I can rip my own music in lossless format and I get to keep the media, and not have to worry about copyrights and streaming rights.
on June 26, 2017
I bought this album and am supposed to have auto rip. when I try to rip it, tells me I must buy
on March 18, 2011
OK I admit to just making that genre up, New Southern Country. It's just that this band, and this outstanding album, are so d**n good, pathblazers really, they deserve their own genre. Look at the reviews here at Amazon - mostly 5 stars, a few 4 stars, and very few lower than that. Their excellence is that obvious. There is not a bad song on this album, and every listener will discover some are personal favorites. My favorites would be Boondocks, Wounded, Lost, Welcome to the Family, and Stay.

I'm no expert in Country. I have only paid attention for about 5 years now. My hunch is outside of mainstream Nashville, there are two major schools of Country music: the Southern school and the Western school. Western Country seems to have a focus on heavy rhythms, lots of swinging instruments, mixed with personal tales of desire, tragedy, and general drunkeness. Little Big Town is much more in the Southern tradition with stories of hometowns, Boondocks, Bayous, and love and longing. Musically Southern Country owes a lot to the lighter and more traditional sounds of Bluegrass and Cajun, even Folk, and you can hear that here too.

When it comes to new country, maybe Little Big Town hasn't had the commercial success of Sugarland or Lady Antebellum, however as one other guy said here that has helped keep them grounded. There ain't one bit of schmaltz or kitsch in this music. They like to indulge in some Country conventions, like some twanging guitars or the great proud-of-my-roots sentiment in Boondocks. But this album packs the most intelligent fun and sentiment you could hope to find. The only other contemporary performer to match them would be Miranda Lambert.
VINE VOICEon September 4, 2006
There's less commercial flash (though it's still evident at times) and more personal effort from the members of Little Big Town on this, their second album, "The Road To Here." The album starts off fine with "Good As Gone." This tune drifts solidly into their radio hit, "Boondocks." This song, while drowning in commercial pop country lyrics, stands apart from most modern country due to the nice four-part harmony of the group. Another standout from this album is their other radio release, "Bring It On Home." In fact, this is probably the strongest song on the album. "Wounded" has a nice sound as well. Songs like "Bones," "A Little More You," and "Looking For A Reason," are good, but they all begin to sound alike as the album rolls along. The only glaring downfall in this album is the hokey, pop country drivel, "Welcome To The Family." It falls into the same category as other silly tunes like "American Honky Tonk Bar Association," where it seems that the songwriter tries too hard to make a cheesy country tune.

If you enjoy earthy, mostly acoustic four-part harmony, you'll enjoy this album. People who likes glitzier country groups like Rascal Flatts will probably like this, though it's quite a bit grittier than the bland Flatts sound. Fans of bluegrass-tinged groups such as Diamond Rio and even the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band will probably enjoy this much more.

Overall, a highly recommended album, though Little Big Town hasn't quite set themselves apart from the crowd.
on June 20, 2017