Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

The Robot Book
Format: Board book|Change

on September 16, 2013
This book should not be offered on Kindle...unless it is free.
I downloaded this book in a rush, and when i went to read it to my grandson, I thought it was a joke...$3 for 4 pages. Big waste. Probably a fine book to purchase in a traditional book form, but a big waste for the iPad.
I want my $2.
on July 22, 2017
For $4.89, you would think you were getting an actual book. While it is thicker than paper, it is the thinnest board book I've purchased. And, there is no story; it just has a few words per page. Highly disappointed.
on January 7, 2014
I liked this book in that it was interactive for my kids to move the bolts and arms, etc... But I was hoping for a few more pages. It covered the robots eyes, mouth, arms,and then "insides". My 2.5 year old was more interested than my 5 year old who is into robots. Some of the gears were hard to turn, so I had to help. Liked the moral, but wouldn't necessarily buy if I had to again.
on March 17, 2017
This is a very cute and short book. The book arrived extremely bowed to the point this it cannot be bent back into place without burning the cardboard is why I rank it 4 stars. Not really a problem though, more of an annoyance. I still am glad I made this purchase because my toddler loves it!
on December 13, 2017
Cute little book.
on April 24, 2013
I bought this book because it was recommended for an art project where students use foam shapes to create their own robots. This book fit perfectly because it talks about what a robot is made up of (2 legs, gears, etc.) but what is most important is what is inside (his heart). I loved the message of the book. The downside: the moving parts jam up a bit on my copy and the book is very short. The kids loved looking at and touching the book and since it is short, everyone got a turn to check it out. I'd say it is best for children PreK to Kinder. Both boys and girls enjoy this book. Check out the project I did with it at [...] and search on "robot"
on December 28, 2013
As others have noted, be very careful which edition of this book you order. I ordered it for my nephew under the assumption that it would be interactive, with moving parts/cogs/gears etc. The book I received, however, was a standard board book. Without the moving parts, it is a bit boring, even for a 14-month old, and not a book I would have ever purchased. However, because it was a Christmas gift, I didn't have time to return it or replace it. I think the moving parts would have made it fun and worth the money, but without them, I'm quite disappointed.
on September 13, 2015
I expected the moving parts. The item now includes a disclaimer stating it does not have moving parts. Keeping as it will likely cost more to return it than keep. At least it appears to be of good quality.
on August 4, 2016
This book is pretty cute, but it is NOT the one with the working gears. That should probably have been noted in the description somewhere. Without the interactive parts, it's a rather plain book, I would not have purchased it if I had known.
on July 10, 2014
This fun and durable book has been with us for many years now, and we love it. It's lasted through terrible twos, and now the baby has tried with all her might to rip the arm off the robot page with no luck. Still a favorite in our house after 3 years. It's such a sweet read. "It's what is inside that makes him tick."