Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 17, 2017
There aren't enough good baseball movies for us baseball addicts. A lot of movies have baseball as a backdrop, but aren't really about the sport. The Rookie is a good baseball movie, that's actually ABOUT baseball.
on August 17, 2017
I had heard about this movie a while back but never knew what it was about. Friends suggested we see it. We've always liked Dennis Quaid and he did a great job in the lead role.
on July 20, 2015
The Rookie is one of my favorite baseball movies. This movie is about the life of Jimmy Morris played by (Dennis Quaid) and what his life was like as a kid and grown up. This movie is based on a true story and is definitely one I would recommend to everybody. You will feel good after watching this movie. I guarantee you'll like it. It's a great family movie!

Yeah my review is super short, but I don't want to ruin anything if you decide to watch this because it's easy to spoil.
on November 13, 2017
If you have an inspiring ball player, this is a great dvd for them to add to their collection. Not quite Sandlot material but definitely a must have for your ballplayer.
on May 1, 2017
I really like this movie, it's a movie that make you feel good, no violence, not your shoot em up kind of movie!
on November 25, 2017
One of the best baseball movies ever produced. Right up there with Field of Dreams. Dennis Quaid is very good in this tale which is based on a true story.
on March 4, 2013
This was a great story about a man who wanted to be a baseball player all his life. He kept having problems though because his father was in the military. Therefore some of the schools he attended did not have Baseball teams. His father and his wife at first tried to dash his hopes. He is a science teacher/baseball coach. He promises his students that if they win the state championship that he will apply to be a baseball player in the minor leagues. He ends up being one of the fastest pitchers of all times with a 98 mph speedball. The minor leagues pay $600 per month. His wife and children suffer. They start having to sell off furniture. He makes the decision to take another teaching job in two weeks. Then he hears from the Florida Devil Rays. He starts with the majors and his first game is in Texas where he is from. He spends roughly two years in the Major Leagues.
on May 24, 2013
This movie is definitely one of my favorite. Dennis Quaid does a really good job. To me this movie is about second chances in life, reaching ones full potential and finally, having faith and being blessed by God. I don't know how many times I've watched this movie and still am not bored watching. Plus I live in Texas and appreciate the rural settings. The only thing I dislike is the lack of support from his wife. If it was real life I couldn't help but feel that he made a mistake in getting married to that women. In this movie, the wife acts like the man of the family, which is disturbing and sickening. I will say, the role of the wife, in my opinion, (because I don't know her real life), was NOT based on actual facts but was an attempt to bring the movie to current political standards on female domestic roles. This is sad in fact!
on August 22, 2015
Have you ever wanted something so bad that your heart aches just a little bit thinking about it? This is a movie about a man who wanted something to that extent and never quite got it, but then long after he had given up found it had been dropped right into his lap. With solid acting all around, a good score, and a script written to yank the tears right out of you this movie is one of my favorites. The fact that it's based on a true story makes it all that much better once the end credits start rolling.
on August 8, 2017
I hadn't seen this in many years and found that it was a very inspirational story - one not to be believed if it weren't true. I will enjoy sharing this with my grandchildren and it's heart-warming.