Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 18, 2014
As a 52 year old fitness athlete, I was looking for a book that can help the seasoned lifter navigate through the aging process and stay in the gym uninjured as the years progress. Although this is not an advanced level book (in my opinion) it certainly has a lot of great info for any lifter at any level. I'm going to incorporate some of this into my current programs.
on March 3, 2013
I'm just in Chapter 2, but the foreword and Chapter 1 already sets the tone and pace on what this book will be about: (a) exercises and (b) an exercise program but a crucial 3rd element to make this succeed is not part of the book -- my attitude towards getting the results I desire. I know I have the attitude but I'm recovering from shoulder injury and that will dictate my pace and when I get the results. I'm excited for the rest of the book.
on January 29, 2013
I really love this series. I got hooked with NROL for Women. I like the 3 days a week total body workout. I have a gym membership to a commercial gym. So I don't have the problem some other reviews stated about equipment. I really love how they broke down the exercises to Pre-levels up to advance levels. Allows beginners to grow with the book. I would recommend it.
on September 6, 2013
Workout books should laid out clearly, with easy-to-follow workout plans. This book is the opposite of that... Hard to recommend this book for that reason.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 1, 2013
There is a lot of information "out there" about the pros and cons of different kinds of exercise. Weight training is a vital component in the fight against obesity and physical ailments that afflict a large number of people. But to achieve its full value, it must be done correctly, and these books give you the rules for doing it right, and explains how and why those rules work.
on January 11, 2013
I like this book the best out of the series because it follows my methods of training picking and choosing exercises that work best for me. I do the workouts at home, in the yard, or wherever I happen to be. Knowledge is everything, and there is a sufficient body of training knowledge in this book to enable anyone who is willing to spend the time to put together an optimum system to stay fit safely in the least amount of time.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 12, 2015
This is the best book I've ever bought about weight training! You will need no other weight training plans when you use this book. It has 3verything you need to get into the best condition of your life!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 4, 2012
Pros:
This book is well written, full of useful information, good ideas, a plethora of exercises and a great plan. I have begun the program, and I like it very much. I have been lifted on and off for over 20 years and I have never been this excited about an exercise plan. There are so many options and I get to lift FAST and with only as much rest between sets as I need to catch my breath. On all other programs, including those by these authors, the plans are rigid and the rest is forced. Now I get to vary my choices and I can go, go, go! The plan is a bit complicated, so if you are a beginner, I would suggest reading the book and then doing the basic sample workouts. If you are a veteran, you will have no problem catching on to their ideas. If you are a NROL veteran, you will enjoy the same style and voice while also enjoying a change in pace of the workouts. There are excellent photos of virtually all the exercises.

Cons:
The Kindle Formatting is very frustrating: I bought the Kindle Edition, hoping that with my Kindle Fire, flipping between plans and exercises would be made seamless by the use of hyperlinks from one section of text to another (say from the sample workout plan to each exercise). This way, a user could check the exercise, then hit the "BACK" button to navigate back to the workout page easily. That feature is not available, but that is NOT the only problem with the Kindle Edition of this book.

The real problem is that the photo for each exercise is somehow connected to the text for the exercise previously described, so that using the Kindle as a quick reference tool is very difficult, requiring quite a few clicks. As you use the book, the page almost always changes between a description and its photo--regardless of the text size. You can make the text size very small, but then the next exercise will just have the same problem. For some exercises it is not possible to get the description and the photo on the same page, no matter what. I have also tried to use the Kindle App on my Mac and on my iPhone, and the problem remains.

Good book. Really worth it. Buy the hardcover instead of the Kindle Edition!!
on October 20, 2012
Hello- Since the author has the final say if something gets published on Kindle, my review and ratings reflect this. This would be a 5 if it weren't for the Kindle side of things. This book is next to impossible to use in Kindle format. You have to reference a lot of things on different pages which the author nicely does. But the kindle pages are different from the what the author references. Thus, the book cannot be used effectively in Kindle form.

I love the kindle, but for reference books, Amazon has some serious homework to do here. Thus, if you're going to buy it, don't buy it as a Kindle. You'll be very frustrated.
on March 24, 2014
Had never done any strength training before. Now I have all the books in the series - Have followed NROL for women and this one half way. It works great and is HIGHLY recommendable for anyone who wants to try out lifting.