Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 437 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 509 reviews
on July 12, 2017
My 5 yr old loves this DVD she enjoys it so much she watches twice in a roll. She even sat still through the whole thing which she has never really done with anything! As a mom I love this because it was very age appropriate, entertaining, and have wonderful tips for kids to be safe. It's a great DVD for parents to utilize at home to teach their children to be safe.
on April 15, 2014
Just bought this for my 6 year old and we've watched it 3X. It's kind of quirky at first but it grows on you. Just long enough where the kids don't get bored. I wanted to start teaching my daughter about stranger danger but I wanted it to "click" on her level so I bought this. We will be watching it again and again. We also make lists for fun of our SAFE SIDE SUPER HEROS, SAFE SIDE ADULTS and DON't KNOWS and HOT TIPS.....
on March 26, 2013
The video was recommended by a friend who has young children. So, given the low price, I ordered it on speculation. It could end up being a great product at a great price. It was.

I watched this video myself before I allowed my kids to see it -- just in case.

The thrust of the video is a prioritization of trust. At the top of the pyramid are "Safe Side Adults" -- the people (up to four) that your children can implicitly trust to take care of them no matter what. In our family, it is me, my wife, mother-in-law, and babysitter. Not even sister-in-law is in the list, because it has to be short; kids need to be able to remember it.

There is one point of confusion. Children learn to shout "Stranger" and point when there is a problem. But this video asserts you should never use the term (in spite of the title).

The narrative is a little disjointed and the categories are a little blurry. But our kids (ages 3 and 7) get the idea and have latched onto it. It is an engaging video and the kids REQUEST to watch it, and have done so repeatedly. That's okay with me!
on March 8, 2013
This is a great safety video for your children! It is endorsed and co-produced by John Walsh. It's so entertaining that friends we share it with also purchase this video! The children don't realize how much they're learning while watching this video. We were introduced to this video while attending a Stranger Danger course for children through the military. Our children (Currently 5 & 4 but started watching this video at ages 4 & 3.) have already identified potential threats while we have been out in public.

This video has spurred many discussions about safety and how they should act around people they're not familiar with and situations that may be threatening. It categorizes people to children in an understandable way ("The Safe Adults"," Don't Knows", "Kinda-Knows"). It also introduces boundaries and personal space and how a child should be aware of their own personal space & boundaries.

We buy this video for family and friends (who have younger children) as gifts because it's such a great teaching tool. We whole-heartedly recommend this video!!!
on August 2, 2013
I'm not sure if we have a newer version of the DVD, but we didn't have any of the audio issues the other reviewers remarked on. Our 3 year old loves this DVD and is practically applying this knowledge when we're out. An older man waved at her when we were out to lunch the other day and she turned to me to say "it's okay to wave back, because I'm with you, right Mom?" This question would never have come without Safe Side Super Chick!

It's definitely goofy and silly, it's not one of those clever Pixar shows with layers of meaning where the adults can have a giggle, too. But it keeps kids' attention, they enjoy it and they come away with a practical understanding of grouping adults based on a familiar color-coded schema: Green (safe side adults), Yellow (Kinda Knows) and Red (don't knows).

If this only saved one child from abduction, it would be entirely worth it, but I have a feeling this program will save a lot more than just 1 child.
on October 13, 2012
Well worth the money (which is 1/2 the price of a brick and mortar store... excluding the $5 bin!). My 6 yr old son watched the video once and got the message. The video starts off a bit slow and corny and my son (who is very fidgety to begin with) showed little interest. But within 5 minutes, he was hooked. The fast motion scene where the little dog is chasing Safe Side Super Chick had him rolling around on the couch in fits of laughter. As mentioned by others, the green/yellow/red clothing to signify the safety level is really effective. We only watched the video twice and he understands the significance of the words "stranger danger - red shirt". I am very satisfied with this purchase. (BTW, I also recommend that parents watch the Investigative Discovery (ID) cable channel to get a feel for just how many unsafe, weirdos there are out in the world! Keep your kids safe through knowledge and vigilance.)
on November 19, 2015
I can't recommend this video enough! My kids love it and I am so very grateful for it! Our kids watch it about every 6 months to remind ourselves how to make wise choices to keep safe. I love the part where safe side super chick very easily picks up this little boy who is a black belt in karate. Some of our kids think there strength will protect them from adults and that illustration was helpful for them to have a more realistic view of their abilities. I would recommend this video for all kids aged 3-12.
on July 2, 2016
It's kind of weird and corny for adults ,but my five-year-old loves it in my two-year-olds love watching it too it really keeps their attention and help them to remember the things they need to know to keep it's kind of weird and corny for adults but my five-year-old loves it, and my two-year-olds love watching it too. It really keeps their attention and helps them to remember the things they need to know to keep in sink them safe
on March 7, 2015
My kids LOVE this fun, informative yet quirky DVD on stranger safety.

After an incident with my oldest daughter in a mall where she was almost abducted at age 3, I immediately bought this DVD.

My daughter, now 7 and my 4 year old son regularly watch this DVD because they love it. I love it because the message of safety and how to determine who their safe side adults are is being repeatedly ingrained in their minds.
There's no such thing as them watching a DVD too many times when it's this one. Safety for my children is a top priority and this video is the best!
on January 18, 2007
As my little family was watching t.v. one night, my 5 year old daughter said that she had petted a puppy that morning before entering school. I was terrified!!! Especially because she takes the school bus and we are not there to protect her. This was reported to the principal, and he said that they would ask the teachers to talk to the little ones about strangers. Even though we always talk to our kids about this topic, it goes to show that you have to drill it into them not matter what.

My wife and I decided to get this video and we sat down with my daughter and my 10 year old son to watch it. My dughter started crying because we explained who John Walsh was and what unfortunate events lead to this video. She was terrified of the idea of being kidnapped and never seeing her big brother, mami, and papi, ever again. In my opinion, it's good to instill the right kind of fear in kids. Two days later, what both my kids learned, was reinforced in an innocent situation.

My kids and I take martial arts and there was an important meeting all parents had to attend at a near-by restaurant. There was adult supervision at the school, but our meeting ran a bit late. A parent that had a teenage son taking class that night asked me if I wanted her son to bring my kids over to the restaurant...I said why not. What I did not realize was that I had not told my kids that it was O.K. for them to get a ride from young man, who we know, train with, and play with almost every day.

Well, as it turns out, my kids also taught me a lesson as well. The teenager had a problem getting my kids into his car. "MOM...they won't get into the car..," he said as he called his mom back not knowing what to do. I was proud of both of my kids for doing the right thing. Even if they knew him, they realized that they only,"kind of know him," as the video puts it.

This video is a great tool to keep your little ones safe. This is especially so if you reinforce it over and over.

M.H.