Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on March 20, 2016
If you've ever been to a Salt Lick BBQ in Texas, then you already know this stuff is awesome! I live outside of Pittsburgh and nobody here knows anything BBQ. So if I can't find it locally, I order a 6-pak of the original sauce on-line. You would think it is butter or something the way it disappears in my house. Once I bought it, my wife and kids won't use anything else. In case you are wondering, the Salt Lick tagline is "You can smell our pits for miles" and their places always smell really, really good. Real pit BBQ! Just writing about this stuff is making me hungry for it. YUM!
on December 27, 2012
This BBQ sauce is unique - it tastes like no other. And that's a good thing.

My wife's boss sent her a bottle early this year, and by mid-year we're buying the stuff by the case.

I have never liked BBQ sauce primarily because I don't like catsup and to me, most BBQ sauce tastes like catsup that has been thickened, sweetened, smoked and sweetened some more. I'm not a fan of the Carolina "vinegar style" sauce either.

This BBQ sauce may or may not contain anything close to a tomato - I don't know - but I'm pretty sure it has mustard of some sort it. I don't really care that much what's in it, I just know that I like it! Lots!

I originally tried to buy this direct from Salt Lick on their website but when I found that the shipping cost for a case was roughly equal to the cost of the product, I decided against it. Fortunately, Taylor's Market here on Amazon has much more appropriate shipping fees and will be getting future orders from me.

Unless of course I give in to the urge to move to Austin...
on January 9, 2016
I found out about Salt Lick barbecue sauce while waiting in the Austin airport. How many airport restaurants have a waiting line 40 people deep? I had to see what was worth waiting for and when I tried the sauce I was hooked. We now order it in 6 packs on Amazon and use it instead of ketchup. Yummy...
on September 3, 2012
Had a BBQ party with some friends - enjoyed both brisket and ribs. Among the sauces were Rufus Teague, and The Salt Lick. I have to say that Rufus Teague was a huge hit -- barely edges out this one. However, the Salt Lick was exceptionally good -- easily 5 stars. It's got a bit of a mustard kick to it. Personally, a sauce that's overly sweet gets old quickly. This one has adequate sweetness, but I consider is slightly more savory than sweet. I appreciate the fact that it has far less sugar than most others, incl RT. The texture is a bit thin, but it sticks well to food.

FWIW - It paired much better with the ribs than the brisket, which is partly why RT won overall honors.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2015
a brought a bottle of this home from my visit to texas and it was gone much too quickly. glad i was able to have it shipped at a reasonable cost
on May 7, 2015
I found a bottle in Kerrville, TX and love it! Mustard based but much more flavorful that typical mustard sauce. Outstanding on pork ribs and roast. Use it with Salt Lick Dry Rub, heaven on a plate! Not so great on beef.
on December 4, 2016
Five stars for flavor, but it's really high in calories (meaning 3 – 4 times higher) compared to some other tasty BBQ sauces, i.e., it's very high in fat, so knocking one star for that.
on April 19, 2016
The salt lick BBQ sauce is an amazing product!! The shipping process however was less than great --- it was poorly packed and all but one of the bottles was broken. You can't imagine the mess we had to unpack!!
on May 17, 2017
Very good. Been using for years
on March 24, 2017
Best sauce in the world (mic drop)