Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

The Science of Mind
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 7, 2012
I have been practicing the Science of Mind philosophy in my life for several years now. I already wrote an extensive review of the "definitive edition" in regards to that, but I will again say that this is a book that I feel should be required reading for life! I have read it 3 times all the way through, and am currently doing the home study course for a second time to refresh my mind of the wonderful principles contained within. Now, onto this deluxe edition - I have been waiting for some time now for a deluxe, leather bound edition. I missed out on the last one, which I think was in 2006 (I came into SOM in 2007). So when I saw this new version, in celebration of the book's 75th anniversary, which will be next year, I just had to have it! And I have to say, Tarcher/Penguin did a very nice job with it. It comes in sturdy, keepsake box, and the book, itself, feels so good in my hands. It is so elegant, with it's leather bound cover, gold lettering on the cover, ribbon book marker, and gold edged pages - a worthy edition of this classic. I'm happy that they kept the Forward by Jean Houston from the 1997 edition, but they also added a new introduction by Kenn Gordon. As additional bonuses, the book appropriately opens with the Science of Mind declaration of principles, and added at the end are Ernest Holmes' "Sermon by the Sea", as well as the complete Concordance by Dr. Al Lowe and Rev. Martha Ann Stewart. The Concordance has been available separately for some years now, but it's nice to have it included in the book. Also, I have been looking for the "Sermon by the Sea" for many years (someone here at amazon has been trying to sell a copy for $210 for quite some time now - that alone makes it worthwhile) so it was nice to finally be able to read that, as well. All in all, I have to say bravo to Tarcher/Penguin for a job well done! This is a wonderful keepsake for those, like myself, who consider this book one of the best, if not the best, book on living a spiritual life ever written. It's a true spiritual classic given the royal treatment, and if you're looking for an elegant edition of it in time for the 75th anniversary, look no further!

At the time I wrote this review, it was selling for $56, which is a great deal! I would definitely recommend getting it at this great price while you can!
on February 11, 2016
This book has many sections of missing content and bad formatting. Very poor proofing if any at all was done
on March 15, 2013
This book is misrepresented in the Amazon.com review as the 1938 version of The Science of Mind, edited by Holmes and Maude, but that is incorrect.

This is actually the original 1926 version that does not align with any of the CSL published coursework that is used for certificated courses. If you intend to use this for classes at a CSL church or center, you will be getting the wrong book.

Dr. Connie
San Diego CSL
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 28, 2016
great read
on March 21, 2017
For once, a good quality Kindle format!
on September 8, 2017
Have worn out a couple of these.....
on September 25, 2017
Fascinating reading of the original text.
on October 9, 2013
The publisher of books found to have fallen to public domain do a great disservice to us all in their disclaimers at front of books.
Clearly they do not know what they are talking about.and have not read the books they greedily publish for their own profit.

The Science of Mind is a teaching that about all of the Metaphysical teachings being utilized today use. Ernest would be glad of that, although I for one think it is a disgrace that these "authors" and "teachers" seem to forget where they " got" their ideas from and give Ernest Holmes little or NO credit.

I avoid this publisher. I love Ernest Holmes teachings. One has nothing to do with the other.
on October 12, 2014
This has been the Church of Religious Science's guide book since I can remember. My father started us as children reading this, along with Ernest Holmes' other books....and I find truth in it as always. If you haven't ever heard of the power of your subconscious, such as in Normal Vincent Peale, for instance, you OWE yourself to read this book. Along with the King James Bible, they will guide you throughout your life in the right way.
on October 15, 2014
This book should have been a elementary school reading, it would have solved many current problems.